• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Egg, Sent an Unsigned CCA....Unenforcable? Maybe, but I smell a rat!

St1973
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4918 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a 12+2 day reminder letter last week to EGG informing them that my account is now in dispute. As a result I informed them that they have no right to demand payment nor add charges to my account.

Today I recieved a letter from EGG stating the following...

"Contrary to the assertions in your letter, the documents enclosed in response to your request constitutes a copy of the executed agreement. This consisted of a copy of the agreement you originally entered into, together with the current terms of your agreement as required by the Consumer Credit(Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983.

As permitted by these regulations, the copy of the afgeement that you entered into is a 'true' copy, reproducing the original terms and format of your agreement but omitting signature boxes and signatures. As a matter of law the documents we enclosed in response to your request constitute a true copy of the executed agreement"

Any opinions?

Mine is, until I see my signature on that agreement (it was back in 1999) then it remains in dispute.

Send them this letter recorded delivery (print your name,don't sign it)............

courtesy of Fuzzybobble;

Send them this letter recorded delivery (print your name,don't sign it)............

courtesy of Fuzzybobble;

Dear Sirs

Account number

I write with regards to the above account with your organisation.

I respectfully request that you provide me by return a copy of the credit agreement which bears my signature. I require this as i have reason to believe that there may be discrepancies within the agreement which may leave it improperly executed.Additionally i require the underwriting sheet or other document showing any commissions paid to you by the broker or by you to the broker

Obviously if the agreement is improperly executed i would be entitled to ask the court to consider the agreement and make a declaration of the rights of parties to the agreement.

I must stress this request is NOT made pursuant to section 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 but is made pursuant to the Civil Procedure Rules ( Pre action protocols and Part 31.16) and therefore unsigned copy will not suffice, only a copy of the original contract in its unaltered form will suffice in these circumstances

Please confirm if you still hold a copy of my signed agreement and that you will provide me with this document.

I do not view this as an unreasonable request given that by supplying the document which i have asked for it will allow me to assess if my case has merit and will help to resolve matters possibly without the need to involve the court and will undoubtedly save costs on both sides.

I look forward to your reply and wouyld ask for a response by 4pm on XXXX Date ( Give 21 days to respond)

Many Thanks!

I will, first thing.

They know as well as we all do that a signed copy would end the dispute. I believe they dont have it as I was one of the 60000 that had the card cancelled for no reason last year!!!

I recieved this email from EGG. The account is in dispute in my opinion. My CCA is being audited by a soliciror and I am awaiting a response from him. In the meantime, anyone have any weasely words I could reply with?

Dear XXXXXX

I've spoken to our Customer Relation Office and they've rejected your complaint, you'll be receiving a letter shortly to confirm this.

If you wish to take the matter further, you'll need to contact the Financial Ombudsman, their contact number is 08450 801800.

Thanks for your message.

Regards

A. Joke

Internet Customer Services

How does this sound as a reply...

As the account was placed in dispute on the 18th Feb 2009 you are not legally obliged to reject this account until the original signed agreement can be produced.

If you continue to persue this account before it is properly resolved I will formally complain to the OFT and the FOS.

Until such time you are kindly requested to follow the written request under section 77/78 of the CCA 1974.

• 1 year later...

This dispute has been going on for a while now and was taking over by a solicitor. For a while now EGG have sold the debt to Uncle Fred, who has been rebuffed by myself personally with all copies sent to the solicitor. Now this has arrived from carter Solicitors...what should I do in response??

The case is still under dispute and they have been told so....

Carter.pdf

Egg is still the client, so probably not actually sold. Remind Mr Carter that the CCA request remains outstanding.

Even as a reconstruction, the fulfil the CCA they would have needed to send the T&Cs at the time of opening the account, together with the current T&Cs. And your name and address must be thereon, and exactly accurate as of the time they were originally issued.

Getting hold of the executed agreement is a different matter...