Trust Deed advice/experience please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Without going into to much detail both myself and my wife are in a protected trust deed and at the outset we had a valuation done on our property which advised that there was no free equity which could be released.

Does this mean that this valuation will be used for the full term of the Trust Deed or can we expect our IP to re-assess this in the third year and try to release any free equity then? I know in the current climate its possibly highly unlikely, but would appreciate anyone else's advice/experience with this.

Thanks in advance :)

My understanding is that if, at the end of your contribution period, the asset has not been realised you will be entitled to make an offer to the Trustee direct but an independent valuation at the time would have to be obtained.

I'm not sure if this is applicable though when there was no equity in the asset at the start of the trust deed.

National Debtline may be able to help you with your question (Freephone 0808 808 4000).

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

My understanding is that if, at the end of your contribution period, the asset has not been realised you will be entitled to make an offer to the Trustee direct but an independent valuation at the time would have to be obtained.

I'm not sure if this is applicable though when there was no equity in the asset at the start of the trust deed.

National Debtline may be able to help you with your question (Freephone 0808 808 4000).

Thanks for the response! I have spoken to the IP and they say that the valuation will last the term of the trust deed. trouble is I have read about others who had been told this only to be landed with a nasty surprise at the end of the term. Anyone got experience of this?

Have you asked your IP to put that in writing?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.