warranty issue

sharmal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mum bought a car on the 29 Jan. It seemed to be ok. The nest day she noticed a light on the dashboard, phoned me in tears saying there was something wrong with her car. She looked up faults in the manual and it said contact dealer. This was on the Sunday. She phoned the garage on the Monday and they said bring it in.

Mum will not drive long distances and had to wait until I had enough time off work to take the car to the garage. With the weather and everything this was not possible until today. The car has been sitting in her garage until today.

We took the car to the garage and they told her it was an O2 sensor that was faulty, but they could replace it for £172.00 and it was not covered on her warranty, either of them, she was talked into buying another warranty for £250 to cover MOT,s servicing for two years.

As we were stuck 30 miles from home she felt that she had no option but to pay for it.

All I want to know is, isn,t there a law that comes into force if the car is faulty in the first 24 hours, I phoned our local garage and he seems to think there is, also he said the garage should have fixed the car free of charge, as she informed them of the fault 2 days later after getting the car home. Does she have any rights under the SOGA and if so which bit so I can write them a letter on her behalf, she realy is upset and I am fuming they have treated her like this.

Yep dealer should of put it right at their cost, under soga, faulty car or

component, nothing to do with warranty!

You should claiming that this their responsibility under soga and ask for a full refund, give them 7 days to respond. may end having to go to court to get it though.

speak to trading standards about garage, may be known to them.

• 2 weeks later...