• Tweets

• Climate change: World's oceans suffer from record-breaking year of heat WWW.BBC.COM Every single day of the past 12 months has seen a new global sea temperature high for the time of year. World's oceans suffer from record-breaking year of heat NOAA Real-time Sea Surface Temperature | EarthNow SPHERE.SSEC.WISC.EDU   Heat Wave in East Africa EARTHOBSERVATORY.NASA.GOV Sweltering temperatures led to power cuts and school closures in South Sudan.   We could be 16 years into a methane-fueled 'termination' event significant enough to end an ice age | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM Methane emissions from tropical wetlands have been soaring since 2006 and accelerating at the same breakneck speed as when Earth's...     There is no way to know what a termination could signify today, given that we are not in an ice age.
    • What was your estimate of the depreciation in value? Frankly it is such a vague measure of your loss then I think that it was a mistake for you to suggest that. What is the value of a free service? What did you actually lose by not having it with you at the time? Where do you normally keep it? Do you think it is now fully repaired or are there some outstanding issues? Have you used it or parked it up in the rain?
    • and didnt Sunak end up trying to claim that defense is best in Tory hands ROFL they cant even get a trident test right, let alone keep the British flag ships maintained and working eh? - and all in full sight of our enemies  
    • Hi all,  Many moons ago (2012)  I had a Virgin credit card (issued by MBNA) that defaulted.  They did provide a valid CCA so I was advised by the good folks on CAG to make small payments to keep them quiet - I set up a standing order to pay them £5 a month, and it's been that way ever since.  The debt has been sold on a million times, but £5 is nothing so I've paid no attention to it.  I received a letter from Capquest (who must be the current owners of the debt) back in March asking me to contact them to discuss a suitable repayment option, and the account will now be managed by Resolvecall.  Now £5 a month IS a suitable repayment option I ignored their letter.  A few days/weeks later, I received a letter from Resolvecall, acting for Capquest wanting me to contact them and threatening a home visit if I ignored their letter.  Obviously I DID ignore their letter, and last week a lady knocked on the door (unanswered) and put a card through asking me to contact Resolvecall. Interestingly, their letter said if I didn't reply within 7 days from the date of the letter, and...you guessed it, there was no date on the letter! Out of curiosity, I logged in to Resolvecall's account, and it shows my two most recent £5 payments, so they ARE receiving my money but clearly want more - which they're not getting.  Now - do I play silly b*ggers with them, and ask them to provide the true copy of the CCA to see if they can come up with the goods? Do I just ignore them and carry on paying my £5? Do I stop paying altogether?  I know the case isn't SB as I've been paying regularly, but not sure how to play going forward?  Any suggestions gang?  Thanks you!   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

sootee50 v (sh)abbey ** WON ** noses ground in the proverbial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What do JMHO and HTH mean? I'm getting the hang of some but can't figure these out!

Bit frustrated trying to do Moneyclaim form!

1. Can't remember when I opened account (ages ago!)

2. Don't know which address to put as Abbey's on form - can't continue until filled in!

Please help - 1/2 hour left on internet. GGRRRRRRR!!!

Wanabee:cool:but easily :confused:ed!!

23/6 Data Protection Act + £10

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

7/71 yr sttmts (2nd a/c) Faxed auth. 4 £10m'fiche

9/7 Screen prints 1 1/2 mths 1st a/c/2 1/2 mths 2nd a/c

11/7 20 mths sttmts 1st a/c

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

5/8-8/9, 7/8 3 "sorry not happy"/"m'fiche not covrd"ltrs

9/8 IFO form & backup mat'l

10/8 LBA/calcs 2 Dawn Hoyle

CHECK COPY STMNTS - DON'T HAVE CHARGES AT FRONT

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

26/9 Rej. ltr/7 days 2 court action (1st a/c)

10/10 Moneyclaim form online (1st a/c)

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

4/1/2007 Preliminary court hearing due

30th Dec. 2006 REC'D FULL PAYMENT INTO BANK ACCOUNT - ABBEY's WITHDRAWN!!:D

Please could someone advise me on the following before I finally send in my Moneyclaim form online (with great trepidation and fingernail gnawing!):-

I have calculated what I have got and estimated the first 12 statements, as not received.

Total of charges £876 Interest @ 8% £149.62

Interest on account £ 9.90 Interest @ 8% £ 3.08

Total claimed £885.90 Total Interest £152.70

Total overall as at 07/10/2006 £1,038.60

I have done the interest bit on the simple working out sheet, as I don't have daily totals on dates of occurrences (shAbbey don't give a running total!).

I sent shAbbey the original demand which did not include the interest, as I hadn't realised it was as much as it is. DO I HAVE TO RESEND CALCULATIONS TO THEM OR JUST GO AHEAD AS IS??

Have I done this correctly? HELP PLEASE!:confused:

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

OK no answers here but went in chat room and now decided not to bother with interest. I'd rather get it sorted, even though it sticks in my graw to let them get away with anything!!

Going to do Moneyclaim now. Lots of prayers going up!!

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

Hi Glenn or Karne OR ANY MOD, PLEASE

Sorry to be a pest but head going round!:oops:

I've nearly completed moneyclaim form BUT, as I didn't get 1st 10 statements and didn't realise, I sent shAbbey claim. Do I have to resubmit it to them or send moneyclaim off with estimates for that period (making sure they know they are estimated)?

I'd like to get this sorted today if poss - only got limited time in library on internet at mo!!:Cry:

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

If you have requested them and Abbey havent sent them then id estimate them and include a reference that you will amend it when they provide the information.

JMHO

glenn

• Confused 1

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

If you have requested them and Abbey havent sent them then id estimate them and include a reference that you will amend it when they provide the information.

JMHO

glenn

Thank you, Glenn. I've now sent it to moneyclaim. YIPPEE!!

NOW ON TO 2ND ACCOUNT - GOING TO WORK ON THAT BUT GOT SOME Qs THERE.

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

Had Moneyclaim acknowledgement back - shAbbey have until 7th November to do something. Here's hoping they don't bother with the defence they've ticked on the form.

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

• 2 weeks later...

#56 by Karnevil in philread1 v Abbey - Quote: "Phil - did you submit a schedule of charges with your claim ????? If not get it sorted now and send it with your amendment."

When I sent my Moneyclaim form through, it just asked for totals and asked if I was claiming interest, to which I replied "yes". I didn't think it asked for a schedule of charges. Am I wrong in thinking that and, if I have to send one, how do I go about it?

shAbbey's 28 days for defence ends Tuesday, 7th November, so, unless I hear anything, I will need further help then, please.

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

Hi All

Got letter from shAbbey yesterday enclosing copy of the Defence filed with the court. The "squiggle" at the end of the letter also says that the next stage will be for Allocation Questionnaires for each of us.

Do I have any reason to worry - or should I be saying, "Right on track. Bring it on!"?

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes after this stage? My funds are right up the creek without a paddle!

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

Thanks, Karne, will do. This will be my mantra!

Got the AQ today and will look at site to see what notes there are concerning filling it out. Have you anything that might help?

I really appreciate all the help you guys & gals give us all, especially as most of you are so busy anyway.

The one consolation to shAbbey taking longer is that the interest continues to mount up!

Keep on trucking!

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

Hi all

Just walked AQ round to the court. shAbbey has (unfortunately) got until 18th Nov to file its AQ. What's the betting that it won't file until the last possible moment!! Just when I reeeeeelly need the money.

Now champing at the bit to get this thing done! - Neigh, neigh, lass, hold hard - it'll happen. At least whilst shAbbey is messing around the interest is mounting by 19p per day!:D

Now I'd better go and get on with my 2nd claim (sootee50 no 2 a/c going for gold). Don't want that to get toooooo far behind - got to ride on the back of this a.q.a.p.;-)

Funny isn't it? I put in a claim against shAbbey and, SUDDENLY & MIRACULOUSLY, the charges start being reversed and I find that one day I've got £224 in my account, where 5-6 weeks before (hadn't bothered looking at it), it was £150+ in arrears because of the charges - I wasn't using the account for that reason?!!8-) :o

Now, all penalty charges are being reversed BUT they are putting interest on. Hmmm, have to check that. Very suspicious!:rolleyes:

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

• 2 weeks later...

What a surprise - NOT!!!! Just spoken to the court and shAbbey hasn't yet put in its AQ! The court told me that shAbbey has until 20th Nov to do this, although the form I had said by 18th! Ho, hum - getting ants in pants now waiting! I suppose this is all par for the course, isn't it?

Has anyone had any recent joy with the aforesaid shAbbey?

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

Hi Sutee

I notice you've already handed in your AQ, mines due on the 20th and hoping to take it into court tomorrow. I've posted a question on my thread which I've had no response to, wonder if you can help?

In section G Other Information - In the space below, set out any other information you consider will help the judge to manage or clarify the claim. Including any other information you consider should be supplied by the other party.

I'm not sure whether I need to put 'The issue is not a complicatied one: it is an issue of fact and not of law. the issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customers contractual breaches exceed their actual costs.......' etc.

I've read the help on AQ's in the Library and other peoples threads, but I'm still not sure if I need to put this.

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks

Tai

"In section G Other Information .... I'm not sure whether I need to put 'The issue is not a complicatied one: it is an issue of fact and not of law. the issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customers contractual breaches exceed their actual costs.......' etc."

Hi Tai

I haven't got my file in front of me but I am certain that I put what the site suggested, which was as above. After all, they've been through it and it is an issue of fact, isn't it - whether or not the defendant (the bank) has ONLY charged what it costs or whether it has added penalty charges?

Go for it and see you on the beaches!!

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

Hi Sutee

Thanks for confirming that - I handed it in as that anyway. I know everything is plain in front of me, but sometimes its just great to have the reassurance of someone else in the same position as you.

I'll keep watching your thread.

Interestingly enough, when I returned my AQ, I asked what happens if Abbey don't return theirs by the 20th. I was told the judge would write to them and give them a further 14 days grace and depending upon their reply, another possible 14 days making 28 in total!

Thanks again :oops:

Oooooh dear!!!! Why, oh why did shAbbey have to file its AQ (at the last minute, of course!)? I WAS hoping for judgement or whatever it's called!

shAbbey filed AQ yesterday (last possible day), so how long now? Does anyone have any idea, please? I reeeeeely need the cash - as we all do, I know.

Litigation section being updated. Roll on being in the "I'VE WON" section!

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

Thanks for info, Lesser. Bit of a pain in the posteria but, yes, I'll keep going.

Haven't got the cash to put 2nd claim as far as court but must at least chase them now - after all, it's MY money they're enjoying!!

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

Hi Sutee

Have you heard anything yet?

I've received a General Form of Judgement or Order in the post this morning from the Court. I'm going to update my thread if you're interested (and scour everywhere to find out more about what this means). I'm getting a little bit jumpy now that something may go wrong this late! I'll keep watching you for an update!

• 2 weeks later...

I have got a preliminary hearing on 4th January at 11am in Kings Lynn. Here's hoping that Abbey come up with an offer beforehand!!

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

• 4 weeks later...
I have got a preliminary hearing on 4th January at 11am in Kings Lynn. Here's hoping that Abbey come up with an offer beforehand!!

YES! YES! YES!!!!!:lol: :grin: :razz:

THEY'VE PAID UP IN FULL!! See my Litigation completed (about to send to Mods). Payment of £999.39 + £17.74 additional interest + court fees of £130 - phew and fantastic!

I've calculated it up to when the cheque Abbey's deposited in my account clears and I'm £30+ on Thursday. Very useful, as I can now go ahead with my second claim (sutee50 going for gold).

Take heart, all ye of little or wavering faith. This site knows what works!

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court

Thanks, Karne.

Just one question to end this with - (then quote below):-

Is there a format letter I should send to the court regarding withdrawing my claim (see Abbey letter quoted below)? Thank you for all your help - I've found out how to donate!

"Was due to go to court for preliminary hearing this Thursday, 4th January.

Got letter and receipt dated 29th December 2006 on 30th December (reference ICK - poss. Irma?:-

Quote: "We note that this matter is listed for preliminary hearing on 4 January 2007.

In view of the amount that you are claiming ath the legal costs that Abbey National would incur in arranging representation at the Court, Abbey National Plc has determined, in this instance, to settle your claim in full.

Payment will include bank charges and interest as claimed in the sum of £999.39, plus £17.74 in additional interest ot 30 December 2006, plus court fees of 130.00. This gives a total settlement figure of £1147.13.

We confirm that payment in the sum of £1147.13 has been deposited into your account today. We attach a copy of our cheque deposit in that regard. Payment is made without admission on any liablility whatsoever by or on behalf of Abbey National plc.

We have written to the Court ot advise them of the settlement reached and requesting that the matter be removed from the preliminary hearing list. Would you please be so kind as to now telephone and/or write to the Court withdrawing your claim.

Having satisfied your claim in full and also having notified the Court of our payment, we confirm that Abbey National PLC will not be appearing before the Court on 4 January 2007.

Yf " Unquote

"

6/7 Pam Speed ltr

25/7 DPA reminders

1/8 40 DAYS UP & NOTHING

12/8 a/c info fm 2001

18/9 £505 GWP offer

20/10 Ack of Serv rec'd

3/11 AQ 2 court

20/11 Abbey AQ @ court