• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Seasons Holidays Prize Draw [problem]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok, I have received the following response from the website I quoted in an earlier post:

In reference to your query, I would recommend that you check the terms and conditions of this offer regarding the free tickets for the races to see what is stated. Any offer will be subject to certain terms and conditions, and failure to adhere to these terms and conditions may result in the offer not being honoured by the trader. If you have adhered to the terms and conditions, yet the trader has failed to provide the free tickets to the races, you may be able to hold the trader in breach of your contract with them. You may wish to argue that the offer of free tickets to the races was an inducement to enter into the contract.

If this is the case, I would recommend that you send a recorded delivery letter to the trader, outlining the situation and mentioning that they are in breach of your contract. Make time of the essence (i.e. 7-10 working days) for the trader to honour the offer or compensate you accordingly. Ensure to keep a copy of the letter for your own records.

Since you have paid on your credit card and the total amount paid is over £100, you may also be able to hold your credit card company equally liable for any breach of contract by the trader. This is in accordance with Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I would recommend that you send a copy of all communication with the trader to your credit card company, with a covering letter highlighting the law as stated above. Make time of the essence (i.e. 7-10 working days) for a response. Again, ensure to keep a copy of the letter for your own records.

hi fletch this is great news fletch did u get the same letters if u like i can post u copies of mine .i have tried to report seasons holidays to oft scambusters but like yourself get through to consumer direct.my good freind as well thinks i should contact the british horse racing board re there sponsorship .also he says a e mail to channell 4 racing would not go a miss .due to mr cool d thompson promoting seasons holidays .we know similar letters have been acted on bt carmarthen trading standards also cornwall and shropshire all were succesfull.daily mirror infact awarded carmarthen council an award for prosecuting the [problematic].perhaps u will want to google these authorities to find out the details prosecutions took place in 2008. since the last posting i have wrote to seasons holidays no reply. also applied for a charge back from the card issuer at barclays in northants.no reply .this [problem] will continue again and again unless people are aware of this [problem],. dont give up the more complaints the better .IT NEEDS TO STOP .........

wrote to seasons holidays with regard to the free tickets but as usual no reply can i sue them for breach of contract if so how do i go about it . also i wrote to my card issuer barclays no reply as well from them what can i do next.help would be greatfull on points of law consumer acts ect .

• 2 weeks later...

futher to this problem have had futher discussions with card issuer barclays .with regards to applying for a charge back .but they have said no because it has gone over the 120 day period.so what options do i know have here to recover the money i paid also i never got the free cheltenham tickets as well .they advised me the company. that i need to pay a futher 390.00 cash . i will state i was a member at the time as i took out this membership. this was for a period of a year. so i was still a member for this time. it is clear that seasons holidays offered the free tickets as an inducement to pay for this membership.but failed to deliver the tickets. no doubt similar problems with letters sent as resulted in prosecutions by carmarthen cornwall also shropshire county councils .resulting in fines . is there anything i can do more like go to court please advice thanks

futher to this problem have had futher discussions with card issuer barclays .with regards to applying for a charge back .but they have said no because it has gone over the 120 day period.so what options do i know have here to recover the money i paid also i never got the free cheltenham tickets as well .they advised me the company. that i need to pay a futher 390.00 cash . i will state i was a member at the time as i took out this membership. this was for a period of a year. so i was still a member for this time. it is clear that seasons holidays offered the free tickets as an inducement to pay for this membership.but failed to deliver the tickets. no doubt similar problems with letters sent as resulted in prosecutions by carmarthen cornwall also shropshire county councils .resulting in fines . is there anything i can do more like go to court please advice thanks

Do you have the full company name? If you can provide it I'll do a company search and check the odds of getting the money out of them. If it's a sole-trader or a small company that seems to have just opened and keeps opening and closing then I would recommend cutting your losses, because even if you win in court proceedings seeing the money is unlikely.

If however the company seems to have money then it's worth a shot though nothing is guaranteed.

Please can you make an immense effort to write in sentences and paragraphs? It's very difficult to understand what you write when written in such a way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

:-) If you feel my post has been helpful, please click my scales. :-)

sorry about this it is just me but will try. seasons holidays plc is the company. thank you.

Please make an immense effort, because if I am assisting you to take it to court, I'm going to have to understand everything you write.

Firstly, before others without knowledge come along. A PLC does not need to be traded on a stock market. There are larger requirements for dealing with shares and it is much more costly to run but gives a better impression. It's dead easy to set up a Limited company, but a PLC is more difficult.

So far they have one CCJ that claims to be unpaid (but that means nothing, some large companies don't put much of an effort into getting them marked as satisfied because it less affects their credit, especially when it's for £151 on a company with a turnover of £23 million).

They have a total net worth of £2.95m, so I'd say go for it.

Please post up here copies of the letters and everything you've received from them and sent to them, minus any confidential information. Preferably as attachments (Word or PDF is excellent). In the same post please explain what has been attached and clearly what has happened.

I will then prepare a final letter before legal action for you and post it up here. Send that by Royal Mail Special Delivery. We give 14 days from when they receive it, the day after that expires it's issuing court proceedings in your local County Court.

Please advise whenever you get anything from them or the Court. I've lost count of the people who ask for help to start the proceedings then see a form and think it's obvious, so do it on their own initiative but don't ask for non-biased advice beforehand. With everything it is worthwhile to have non-biased advice. Despite having issued (between me and others) over 400 court claims (and lost 3), before I issue any proceedings for myself I ask others for non-biased advice. I do the same before I file any document with the court office or send anything to the defendant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:!: All the information I impart is my advice based on my experience. It does not constitute professional advice. If in doubt, always consult with a professional. :!:

22nd april 2008 subject your unclaimed prize worth £3750. dear mr parry please urgently call the AUDIT office at seasons on 0800 448 448 between 11am and 8pm monday to friday and ask for charlene. i recently wrote to you about your seasons membership,confirming your status as a club seasons member.this membership is worth £3750-we are very suprised not to have heard anything from you,since you are NOT required to pay this fee. this means for just £275.25 you could enjoy a luxurious 7 night holiday for up to 4 people either within one of our award winning uk resorts or perhaps overseas.this works out at just over £68per person for a whole week of luxury., you can request any dates you like ,subject to availibility within the next 12 months; I AM ALSO OFFERING YOU A 100%MONEY BACK GUARANTEE IF YOU ARE NOT ENTIRELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR EXPERIENCEUPON RETURNING FROM YOUR FIRST STAY AT ANY SEASONS RESORT-ALL DATES IN 2008 ARE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE AT THE TIME OF WRITING . [sINCE YOU WERE FORTUNATE TO WIN THIS MEMBERSHIP,THE DIRECTORS OF SEASONS WOULD LIKE TO INVITE YOU TO ATTEND THE CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL IN 2009AS OUR GUESTS. THE SEASONS HOLIDAYS QUEEN MOTHER CHAMPION CHASE IS WATCHED EVERY YEAR BY MILLIONS OF TELEVISION VIEWERS. I HAVE BEEN AUTHORISED TO OFFER YOU TWO FREE CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL CLUB ENCLOSURE TICKETS WORTH £130;AS A SEASONS MEMBER YOU AND YOUR GUEST WILL BE ABLE TO ATTEND OUR BIG RACE AS OUR VERY SPECIAL GUESTS. please dont keep us in the dark we would like to know your intentions . to avoid loosing this valuable prize,and your free cheltenham tickets ,please call charlene on 0800 448 448 within the next 7 days. we look forward to hearing from you and to seeing you at the cheltenham races. membership secertery. this was the letter i got and paid a one off payment of 275.25 by visa debit. i then got an undated letter in febuary 2009 saying this . dear mr parry we would like to confirm our invitation to you and your partner to join seasons at the cheltenham festival on wednesday march 11th to watch the seasons holidaysqueen mother champion chase. IF YOU ARE ABLE TO ATTEND PLEASE COMPLETE AND RETURN THE CONFIRMATION SLIP BELOW TO OUR OFFICE IN ST ALBANS BEFORE MIDDAY ON FRIDAY FEBUARY 13TH 2009.please remember this offer is only valid for customers who are registered members for 2009 holiday year. if you have not paid your 2009 management fee,which is £390,then please call on 01727 861222 to renew your membershipby credit/debit/card BEFORE returning the form below. or settle your fees as set out on this years management fee invoice,before submitting your application for tickets. we will not be able to arrange tickets for cheltenham if your fees are still outstanding on friday 13th febuary,2009. we will not be able to issue tickets after this date since the annual cheltenham festival is a well supported event . the racecourse controls visitor numbers carefully. we are required to produce a guest list for cheltenham racecourse before febuary16th 2009 when cheltenham will issue tickets they require...please remember tickets may be not resold must be used personally by the seasons nominee and guest. look forward to hearing from you membership secertery.................thats the letters i have they needed me to pay a futher £390.00 to qualify for these tickets .i understand that the free tickets pitch in the first letter was some form of inducement. they will not reply to any mail or e mails i have sent them. we also never went on a holiday as it was only out of season times. also we started to read about scams and prosecutions with regards to such letters . seasons cant produce the competition i was supposed to have won i doubt it exsisted .barclays have said this morning that they wrote to me in sept 08 but got no reply . to this date i have not heard from barclays debit card . not even a reply to the previous letters wrote to them . they know say i am out of time the 120 day period has elapsed . seasons have not replied at all to any letters or e mails just remain silent .finally i will add that as i took out this offer in late april 08 it was 12 mths i was still a member and fully paid up.so was there a need to demand £390.00 fees for a free tickets.hope this helps thank you...................

No it doesn't help, because I can't understand a word written.

Please scan in the documents, erase the confidential details and attach it to the posts.

Please also write clearly. I'd love to help you, but I cannot spend time trying to understand what's written before even starting to help.

sorry but dont have a scanner will ask my mate if he can do it .

Thanks. It will be a lot easier to help that way. Don't forget to ask him to erase personal details.

To attach it to the thread, select "Manage Attachments" when posting a new post to the thread.

The way I understand what happened is this: You were sent a letter offering you tickets to some event for a fixed amount. You paid that amount but they claimed the tickets were only available for members and the membership fee cost more, despite the original letter to you saying "As a member" implying that you were a member, therefore entitled to their originally quoted price. On that letter there were no other terms. Is this correct?

When you post everything up here, I'll be able to prepare a letter before action. If you manage to do it by the weekend, a letter should be ready for you by Sunday night/Monday morning.

I am having computer troubles, so will need to reformat my computer one of these days but currently don't have the patience for it. When I do, I'll be out of action for most of the day. I am also unavailable from Friday's late afternoon till Saturday nights, every week.

Any news with scanning documents in?

The alternative - at least if I am helping - is if you can type in sentences and paragraphs. I'd love to help, but I can't understand posts when they aren't written in sentences and paragraphs with spacing.

If you are to issue court proceedings you are going to have to do this anyway, so I recommend you get used to it.

my freind has a scanner. but he has gone abroad on his hols. so i await his return on the 14th april . i appriciate what your doing and saying . but thats as far as i can go at the moment . thank you

Ok.