first direct

higgss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

I have receved a letter back from First Direct saying that the charges aren't unlawful and asking me to write to Robert Kernaghan, Customer Relations Manager. Has anyone else received this letter saying to wrote to him and have you done a letter actually addressed it to him?

Thanks

Jason

Hi

This was in reply to the prelim letter which i sent on the 20th July. should i wait till the 14 days and then write to him or should i just go ahead now.

Thanks

Jason

I was going to wait the full 14 days but grew impatient. i also only gave 7 days on my lba.

They just offered me the full amount - the reason its advised to give 28 days in total is because if it actually gets to court it would look better on you.

its your call, i didnt wait as no case has gone to court yet as they have settled before this.

just bear in mind i was lucky and one day they may actually follow it through to court

from another way of thinking first sirect have responded in you timescale and told you to write to someone else............you could always send the lba to rob kerr and state you gave 14 days of which ** are left you are willing as a gesture of goodwill to add another 14 days onto the end of these which would in total be 28 days

or you could just wait

Hiya sorry if i confused matters

Moneyclaim is filling a claim at the court which gives the bank 28 days to either defend in full

or settle basically

By me saying they settle out of court i meant that they have not as yet let it go past the 28 days when a court date would be set and you would have to go to court yourself and give evidence as such and they would have to defend your claim.

No case has got to actually going to court on the day

hope this makes sence

Hi guys

Well got 2nd letter back from Robert K who says no to the refund. is this the time to put in for a claim as it was a no or do you think he will send another letter offering me something within my 14 days and if i do a claim do you think i will win? not worried now

Jason

hiya, i only gave 7 days in my lba not the 14. because my letter said the matter was closed as far as first direct was concerend i went straight to moneyclaim.

the 14 days is so u have given resonable time from the courts point of view

no case has actually got to a court hearing yet.

its up to you, some people like myself havent waited and we were paid in full just as we would have been if we had waited. its your call

I personally think that if they have said the matter is closed i would not wait others may disagree with me,:-)

I have to agree with Hannah and I did the same when I got the last letter saying NO and almost thats that I took it that the 14 day rule thing didnt count then because they were classing the matter as closed so I raised my moneyclaim - again this was my personal choice its upto you what u do

Guys

When doing a claim and it comes to this

The claimant claims interest under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 15/7/04 to 7/8/06 of £XXXX and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (£0.34).

would i just put in the interest i would be collecting which is £117 or the total amount which includes the interest.

Urgently need help with this part

Thanks

Jason

The claimant claims interest under s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from 15/7/04 to 7/8/06 of £117.00 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (£0.34).

would i just put in the interest i would be collecting which is £117 or the total amount which includes the interest.

This is just the S69 8% interest

Hi guys

Looks like FD are going to delay all the way. Also to advise Capital One have sent new terms where they have reduced their charges to customers to £12 instead of £20