• Tweets

• Hi everyone, Apologies for bringing up the same topic regarding these individuals. I wish I had found this forum earlier, as I've seen very similar cases. However, I need your help in figuring out what to do next because we've involved our partners/resellers. I work as an IT Manager in a company outside of the UK. We acquired a license from a certified reseller (along with a support agreement) and also obtained training sessions from them. The issue arose when we needed to register two people for the training sessions, so we used an external laptop for the second user to keep up with the sessions for only a month. During this period, the laptop was solely used for the training sessions. After two weeks, my boss forwarded an email to me from Ms Vinces, stating that we are using illicit software from SolidWorks. Since this has never happened to me or anyone we know, I went into panic mode and had a meeting with her. During the meeting, we explained that we were using an external laptop solely for the training sessions and that the laptop had not been used within the company since her email. She informed us that for such cases, there are demos and special licenses (though our reseller did not mention these types of licenses when we made our initial purchase). She then mentioned that we had utilized products worth approximately €25k and presented us with two options: either pay the agreed value or acquire SolidWorks products. We expressed that the cost was too high, and our business couldn't support such expenses. I assured her that we would discuss the matter with the company board and get back to her. After the meeting, we contacted the company reseller from whom we purchased the license, explained the situation, and mentioned the use of an external laptop. They said they would speak to Maria and help mediate the situation. We hoped to significantly reduce the cost, perhaps to that of a 1-year professional license. Unfortunately, we were mistaken. The reseller mediated a value €2k less than what Maria had suggested (essentially, we would need to acquire two professional lifetime licenses and two years of support for a total of €23k). This amount is still beyond our means, but they insisted that the price was non-negotiable and wouldn't be reduced any further. The entire situation feels odd because she never provided us with addresses or other evidence (which I should have requested), and she's pressuring us to resolve the matter by the end of the month, with payment to be made through the reseller. This makes me feel as though the reseller is taking advantage of the situation to profit from it. Currently, we're trying to buy some time. We plan to meet with the reseller next week but are uncertain about how to proceed with them or whether we should respond to the mediator.
    • Thanks London  if I’ve read correctly the questionaire wants me to post his actual name on a public forum… is that correct.  I’ve only had a quick read so far
    • Plenty of success stories, also bear in mind not everyone updates the forum.  Overdale's want you to roll over and pay, without using your enshrined legal right to defend. make you wet yourself in fear that a solicitor will Take you to court, so you will pay up without question. Most people do just that,  but you are lucky that you have found this place and can help you put together a good defence. You should get reading on some other Capital One and Overdale's cases on the forum to get an idea of how it works.  
    • In both versions the three references to "your clients" near the end need to be changed to "you" or "your" as Alliance are not using solicitors, they have sent the LoC themselves. Personally I'd change "Dear ALLIANCE PARKING Litigation Dept" to "Dear Kev".  It would show you'd done your homework, looked up the company, and seen it's a pathetic one-man band rather than having any departments.  The PPCs love to pretend they have some official power and so you should be scared of them - showing you've sussed their sordid games and you're confident about fighting them undermines all this.  In fact that's the whole point of a snotty letter - to show you'd be big trouble for them if they did do court so better to drop you like a hot potato and go and pursue mugs who just give in instead. In the very, very, very, very unlikely case of Kev doing court, it'd be better that he didn't know in advance all the legal arguments you'd be using, so I'd heavily reduce the number of cards being played.
    • Thanx Londoneill get on to it this evening having a read around these forums I can’t seem to find many success stories using your methods. So how successful are these methods or am I just buying time for him  and a ccj will be inevitable in the end. Thanks another question is, will he have to appear at court..? I am not sure he has got it in him
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

woo v halifax **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

sob story alert!!

after spliting with my partner of ten years i was forced into recieving benefits, then to top things off, my son who was around two years at the time was becoming more and more "dificult" he was eventually diagnosed with autism.

left with bills in my name i couldnt afford to pay back and having to care for my son who still isnt in school full time and goes into year one next year, i hav not been in a very good financial position to say the least! spiraling bank charges over the last couple of years has made things from bad to worse. after seeing this site i have now started to reclaim the charges incured on two accounts.

after numerous phone calls requesting breakdowns of charges and lists of charges ive have sent the dpa letter on the 7th of july to my local branch recorded delivery.

i was told early on this week that the statements would take around ten days to arrive now that i have given autherisation (again) to debit my accounts the £5 charge.

i was just told this morning after chasing up on the phone that the business centre have no record of the dpa letter and only have a request by phone recorded, they also told me that due to great media attention about unfair charges they have a huge backlog statement requests and it could take upto six weeks for them to send me mine from the phone request i made.

i can see this is going to be a bit of a tussel between myself and them!

any advice greatly appreciated! i'm a little anxcious now:rolleyes:

prelim letter sent acc#1 july31st

total £1121

prelim letter sent acc#2 august 2nd

total £1898

LBA letter sent august 18th

MCOL filed 18th sept

Issued 19th sept

Acknowledged 20th sept

22nd sept Letter recieved from halifax full reimbursment in next 5 working days!

:p@ halifax

Hi Woozie

First off DON'T panic, 6weeks is what they are allowed anyway, so thats no problem.

What I would suggest is that you check to see if they have taken the money for DPA payment form your account and if not then tell them you will send a cheque instead, it might take a touch longer but don't worry.

If they have taken it then the count down to receiving your statements has begun but only give them the 40 days and no more.

Keep us posted

All the best.:oops:

• Confused 1

Sent Data Protection Act to Halifax 13.6.06

Daughters Data Protection Act sent to NatWest 5.6.06

Natwest sent statements on 24.6.06 Daughter owed £204.00 Preliminary ready to go.

Halifax sent my statements today(26.6.06) Owe me £1702.00

Preliminary sent on 27. 6.06.

just got off the phone (for the third time today) to halifax and i'm told my statements have been ordered, tho my accounts have not been debited as yet, apparently once theyre sent out on monday then the accounts will be debited.

i'll ring back on monday and see if theyre true to their word. though i have to admit i have little faith in them after all this!

thanks strude, panic button is on hold for now :D

total £1121

total £1898

MCOL filed 18th sept

Issued 19th sept

Acknowledged 20th sept

22nd sept Letter recieved from halifax full reimbursment in next 5 working days!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks saxon i'm flollowing yoour case intently!

i revieved my statements finally on the 27th of june, but only for one of the accounts and discovered after ringing a number of times that my other account had insufficiant funds to debit the five pounds! i found this quite humourous as the halifax are usually happy to charge me no matter what my balance! i also found the business centres number on this site and rang them, they were quite surprised i had obtained this number and immediatly debited my other account and have ordered the statements.

so on the first account charges totaled £1121, i'm sending the next letter with a schedule of charged for this account today.

as soon as i get the next lot of statements i'll be away with the second account, i am wondering however, if it gets as far as court, will it just be one claim i'm making does anyone know?

ps please excuse my poor forum skills!!:rolleyes:

total £1121

total £1898

MCOL filed 18th sept

Issued 19th sept

Acknowledged 20th sept

quick update, i'm feeling very positive now about the whole senario, thanks all! i will be donating to this site once ive had my money returned! i think i hav the sig sorted too yippee hehe forum phobia is also being quashed!:grin:

total £1121

total £1898

MCOL filed 18th sept

Issued 19th sept

Acknowledged 20th sept

• 3 weeks later...

hi all, update...

i had a phone call from someone at halifax offering me six months of charges back on one of my accounts which totalled £130, i said i would accept this offer as a goodwill gesture but not as a final settlement and was advised i would have to go to court to retrieve the charges, which i said i would do gladly.

i discovered this morning that the halifax have put a stop on two of my accounts because i am over my limit on one account, which i am begrudged to pay as i truely believe they owe me money! after speeking to someone at collections, i was left frustrated and shocked, he asked me to prove to him that these charges were not in accordance with uk law and i replied i dont have the details in front of me sorry, but can you prove to me that the halifax are losing £39 when i fail a standing order etc? at which point he told me i had commited fraud and put a stop on my daughters savings account. i have logged a complaint with the halifax about this man who has in effect accused me of being a criminal and i've demanded a written appology. i'm off today to open another account with someone who's charges are not dispreportionate and who's emplyees are not so spiteful and rude. any pointers? someone told me nationwides charges are only twelve pounds.

total £1121

total £1898

MCOL filed 18th sept

Issued 19th sept

Acknowledged 20th sept

Hello again Woozie, again chin up.

I went to the nat west, they are really friendly with me. Though I haven't checked out their charges, not planning on getting any,

Did you get the person's name who accused you of fraud?

Can you find out if the conversation was taped?

How old is your daughter?

Could she threaten them with legal action, as obviously she's not you.

On a brighter note your nearly finished with them, though I think you'll beat me, cos the fee for court is going to take me a couple of weeks.

Take care, think positive, you're nearly there, you WILL wipe the smug smile of their face.

• Confused 1

Saxon

heya saxon, my daughter is nine! so it is a joint account but the only money that goes into her account is child benefit! and i did get his name.

after speeking to someone in customer relations later on, i was informed they had lifted the block on her account, they became evasive when asked why it was lifted i suspect it should never have been blocked in the first place, i'm sure theyre legaly entitled to do so but morally speeking its just shocking behaviour.

i also spoke to another lass in collections in the afternoon who was quite intimidating, i know i shouldnt enter into dialog with these people about things but its quite hard when they ask you for money you owe them and they owe you so much more, there are a few threads on this forum which suggest people who work for the banks are generaly in agreement with the uprising against illegal penaties, but in my experience yesterday, the collections department are all for them.

i'm a little worried about one thing though, i recieved one of the old standard letters acknowledging my "complaint" and it says they recieved this complaint on the 16th, i sent it on the 2nd, i have now sent my LBA and i'm worried that it should be 14 days after they recieve it, it was sent first class recorded delivery:|

got a new account opened with the nationwide now who were also very polite!

i shall be doing the whole moneyclaim thing on friday 1st of september, so spreadsheets are being closely examined now! if i go first saxon then maybe i can spur you on in return hun:)

total £1121

total £1898

MCOL filed 18th sept

Issued 19th sept

Acknowledged 20th sept

good luck woozie, you go girl :)

"Banks are people that will lend you an umbrella when it's sunny, but demand it back the minute it starts raining"

Brad v Halifax

22/08/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting full repayment of charges

06/09/06 - LBA sent to bank

Hi Woozie, did you check with track and trace online for when it was delivered?

I did but have since `lost' 2 recorded since so the last one to Halifax the LBA went special delivery. Couldn't really afford it but thought got to be sure they get it, and they did, no probs.

I have since spoken to a DCA, and they recieved the recorded letter the day after posting, it still hasn't been delivered according to royal mail.

So tempted to claim from royal mail for lost post, and claim the fee back because I was paying for a signiture and didn't get one.

Hehe 11 days and counting for you, we are all with you.

Saxon

yeah ive tracked n traced all of the letters now, all sent recorded delivery, and NONE of them have been trackable, the first of which was sent seven weeks back! i'm disgusted with royal mail now and i AM going to get compensated for these letters, allbeit a bunch of stamps! i will from now on use the special delivery service and advise anyone reading this not to use the royal mails recorded delivery, its a farce.

i just hope i havnt sent the LBA letter too soon after the reciept of the prelim :-|

total £1121

total £1898

MCOL filed 18th sept

Issued 19th sept

Acknowledged 20th sept

Keep going,

'Nil illigitimus carborundum' as the saying goes.

took me just over 3 months but got the CCJ for the lot.

almost praying for them to default on payment so I could send in the baliffs! :rolleyes:

• Confused 1

:DSmile! it will worry 'em to death!

Ian.bjj

Any and all advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Always seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

love that saying ian!!!

right ive given the ahems a little more time and ive decided to be brave and do this through my local court as oposed to mcol!

i'm wondering if i calculate the two accounts interest together? do i just merge the two totals into one claim now?

maybe i'm over polite, bumping threads seems a wee bit rude to me, but i need some advice here so i'm gonna bump til i get some!!!:-| TY

total £1121

total £1898

MCOL filed 18th sept

Issued 19th sept

Acknowledged 20th sept

right ive given the ahems a little more time and ive decided to be brave and do this through my local court as oposed to mcol!

i'm wondering if i calculate the two accounts interest together? do i just merge the two totals into one claim now?

maybe i'm over polite, bumping threads seems a wee bit rude to me, but i need some advice here so i'm gonna bump til i get some!!!:-| TY

Hi ho onward and upward

I would ask your local court if you can issue a combined claim for the two accounts, you should be able to. If you can it will save one court fee (£120) However if you do, you need to be careful to itemise each part seperately in your Particular of Claim. The Library has an excellent suggest POC that you can use as a 'master'. Once you have issued the claim and applied for Interest (@ 8%) this is claimed 'ON A DAILY BASIS' in two parts.

first on the date of issue of the N1 in the format:-

interest at 8%pa pursuant to County Court Act From xx/xx/xx [maximum 6 years ago] to [date of issue of N1]... xxxx days @ £y.yy per day, total £zzz.zz,

Then add

plus further interest at £y.yy per day until judgement.

You can also request:-

Plus such other costs and damages as this honourable court sees fit and just

The library again has a brilliant little XL template that will calculate all your interest for you. not only the 8% court interest, but also just how much the little :rolleyes: 's have charged you during the last 6 years, which you also claim for.

ps latest here the :rolleyes:'s have defaulted on the judgement! and charged me a total of £134.00 for the privaledge! No more mr nice guy... Baliffs request went in this afternoon and a new CC Claim to be issued next week.

Wonder if the press will get to hear about it and be there when they go in? :evil:

:DSmile! it will worry 'em to death!

Ian.bjj

Any and all advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Always seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for all you guys advice and support, today i have filed a claim with MCOL, i just pluralled words and gave extra dates etc. chickened out on the loacal court :-|

hopefully i havent confused anything! i'll keep you all posted!

total £1121

total £1898

MCOL filed 18th sept

Issued 19th sept

Acknowledged 20th sept

claims been issued now :) how do i pm a mod? any clues?!

total £1121

total £1898

MCOL filed 18th sept

Issued 19th sept

Acknowledged 20th sept

oops done it already!

total £1121

total £1898

MCOL filed 18th sept

Issued 19th sept

Acknowledged 20th sept

my fingers are sore from being permenantly crossed lol, thank you so much for your words of encouragement, it really has kept my spirits and confidence up!

my claim was acknowledged today, quicker than i imagined, i guess you just have to think of the worst case senario to be safe hey! :D

total £1121

total £1898

MCOL filed 18th sept

Issued 19th sept

Acknowledged 20th sept

Uncross those fingers so you can open the booze.lololol

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.