john1947 V Abbey

john1974
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone im new to this site and wow its interesting and very helpful the things you can learn........ i have just today requested a copy of my statements with charges etc so i may file a hardship claim myself to abbey they have told me it can take up to 12 weeks to recieve them by post as i have asked for the last 6 years, could anyone tell me if this is correct ??? as this will mean it could be up to 3 months before i can even submit my first letter

many thanks

melanie

Hiya Melanie,

Welcome to CAG.

I have moved your post to start a new thread for you, It makes things a lot easier to keep track of what you are doing if its all in the one place.

Once you send your sar letter and enclosed £10. They have 40 days to get them to you, so mark off the date they have till.

Have a look at the links iat the bottom of my signature, they will help you find your way around.

Any questions you have, just ask. There is always some one around who will help you.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

You should also send the letter, so you have proof. State in the letter they took the £10 from your account on xx date. Try to keep everything on paper, and keep copies of everything you send.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone well i posted my initial first letter requesting my statements etc on 5th Nov Abbey informed me it could take up to 12 weeks ????... so you can imagine my surprise when this morning they all arrived through my post box only 2 weeks later....so heres to stage 2 working out my charges and my next letter.... i am going to claim using the hardship waiver rule so fingers crossed

They have 40 days, but bless them for trying it on though..:D

I'm glad you have them. It's a great feeling now for you when you see a charge on your statements. ;) Highlight them all and get them onto a spread sheet. Then get them sent off. Good luck.

F&Q's... Read here

• 2 weeks later...

an update everyone i sent my spreadsheet and expenditure sheet off on the 23rd Nov......recieved a letter today from Abbey telling me there looking at mey case and there understandiong is that i am in financial hardship at present they very nicely sent me debt councilling contacts etc hello i would nt be in a mess if they stopped all there charges...they also sent me FOS fact sheet ... Sea sidelady please advise do i just sit tight now and wait many thanks Melanie

• 1 month later...

another update been away for few weeks but have found that Abbey have sent me 2 letters asking for evidence of priority debts and any other financial commitments, as they would like to deal with my claim as quick as possible ??? So sent yesterday recorded delivery everything they requested so fingers crossed ......

Hi John,

im new here and i've been reading round and dont know if i should start a claim for my charges.

It sounds like your doing well. Good luck with it!

My account with Abbey is closed now as there is a debt of £120 for returned direct debits. At the time of the charges i was on benefits and had to change where they were paid to as i'd have been left with no money for 2 weeks and had 1 dependat child.

Do you think i should? I have no statements what do i do?

any advice would be great

Thanks

Laura :)

Hi Laura my names Mel just using my other halfs (John) log in for my thread.

Always worth trying i ve read quite a few peoples threads that have won.

I m applying under the hardship rule if you can prove your in financial hardship they will look at your case now and theres a good chance you could get a pay out judging, by what i have read and learnt on this site, if not you can still put a claim in but it will be stayed until the banks case has gone to court and it is decieded whether there charges are unreasonable etc (kind of learning as i go along myself so bare with me)

I decided it was worth it because over the last 6 years i calculated nearly £ 4000.00 in charges this includes interest which has been taken from my account by Abbey.

First thing you need to do if you decide to make a claim is write to Abbey requesting copies of all your charges on your account for last 6 years or until you closed your account make sure you say charges and not statements because they can charge you alot more for statements include a cheque for £10.00 this is the standard charge for the service.

the address i using for all correspondence is Abbey,PO Box 5129,MIlton Keynes, MK9 2YN

They have to reply with the info with in 40 days, make sure you keep copies of anything you send them also a good idea i found to send everything recorded delivery they can not say they have not received it that way.

hope this helps in your first stages and kind of makes sense to you....drop me a post anytime......Melanie

Edited by john1974
extra info