Having trouble with school

Piratedr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5669 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had simular issues at my kids schools. My kids have water bottles with very weak squash in them. I repeatedly got requests to swap them for water (some days DD1 would have water instead but others refuse-DS spits water out). I told the teachers my kids would have what I their PARENT gave them. To my mind a tiny bit of no added sugar squash which gets them to drink water is better than them refusing to drink all day.

My kids are of healthy weights and eat a wide and varied balanced diet.

I was discussing this with my health visitor who agreed that kids are pushed into all this low fat etc too early. In fact she recommended chips as a good finger food for DD2.

Wouldn't mind if they were consistant. At our school they refuse any holidays in school time, but the kids regularly come home after watching videos/tv how is that valuble learning time. DD1 age 5 came home on weds after watching an afternoon of hannah montana!!!!

I was outraged when my son said he was told full fat milk would "make him fat". I told him the teacher either didn't understand how real diets work or was given duff info to pass out by the useless government lol.

The most annoying thing is the obesity problem is clearly not a diet one. In fact on average we eat lower calories now than in every decade since the 30's, it is exercise or rather lack of it than is the root of all problems. Too many cars and convienences not enough physical activities of any kind for all ages. Interestingly one of the healthiest times was during the war where people ate up to 3000 cals very often full of saturated fats such as dripping, but they did far more physical work and exercise.

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw my DS came home last term "we are learning to bake bread tommorrow" he said, mind you he also pointed out to his teacher he knew how to do it as "mum bakes that".

You might think this would be a good lesson in which to show healthy home cooking, wrong!!!!!

Warburtons came in, gave each child a lump of dough and they made bread hedgehogs which were baked for them. They also ran through the range of their products for the kids info...........

Bunch of mindless uninformed hypocrits

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

To be honest most of the snacks my kids take are home made. Including home made brownies, and flapjack. These very often as well as the chocolate/sugar contain seeds,or in the case of brownies I have a very good weetabix recipie.

I know what you are getting at Bookworm, and I agree coke at school is a bad idea. But the reality is alot of the so called healthy information they are pushing is old dogma, where alot of new research suggests the 50's theories around saturated fat and heart disease are incorrect.

The best solution would be for schools to be given funding for free good unprocessed balanced meals for every child, and for the levels of physical activity to be increased.

The reality is most of the kids from more deprived backgrounds (whose risk of obesity is higher and are more likely to have unhealthy lifestyles) will be on free meals not packed lunches anyway. My kids are big eaters because they are physically active, and a little chocolate after the butties fruit and yoghurt is not a problem.

ali x

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

As someone who has always been fascinated by science (was training as a bio chemist at one point in my younger days) I have always been sceptical about the accepted line, particularly when it has been hijacked by polititians. If the school wish to send out guidence about what to put in packed lunches that is fine by me, but they should never take it off the child. Send a letter to the parent and a discussion can take place.

Bookie I agree about the low fat diet being a big lie. The latest research about full fat milk and butter is really interesting and completely blows current thinking out of the water, so it wound me up about teachers telling a 10 yr old who is so thin (despite eating like a horse) and extremely healthy that full fat milk would "make him fat".

For children at primary school level they should be having around 30-35% of their daily cals from fat and to be balanced I would suggest some fat at every meal of the day makes sense.

I read a recent publication from america (where as you say bookie they have been trying to prove links between sat fat and heart disease for many years not just recently as I said) they gave a group who already had heart issues a diet with saturated fat as opposed to the usually low fat diets advised. They actually saw improvements in their conditions-the opposite of what they predicted lol.

I have come to the conclusion that the best foods are the least processed, homecooked meals from good wholesome produce, including butter and whole milk. Throw out the processed stuff including so called low fat spreads (which some studies have linked to higher rates of cancer).

These additives and extra chemicals are really the "bad" foods.

I wonder if alot of us react to this kind of interference because of a backlash against the overall levels of interference in this "nanny state".

Mind you I cook most stuff from scratch and grow my own veg/fruit lol. Am even thinking of getting chickens lol, so a bit of "good life" up here rofl. Maybe because of that I object to being told about my kids diet, but appreciate the intentions behind it as well.

ali x

• Haha 1

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

BTW don't get me started on so called "global warming", drive my hubby mad with it lol.

ali

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS