• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

MPS (Midland Parking Solutions) - JOKE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5690 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a letter stating NOTICE TO OWNER.

It states Road Traffic Act 1984 (as amended)

It states the owner/keeper/hirer is liable for the penalty

It says I was issued with a PENALTY CHARGE NOTICE

This company is a TOTAL JOKE.

I called them and they said over phone that they work under BPA guidance .... ermmmmmm

They say its a private matter - I asked what has this got to do with the road traffic act....

COME ON !!! WHAT FUN CAN I HAVE WITH THEM !!!!

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAD ONE OF THESE DOCUMENTS ... I DO NOT HAVE A SCANNER SO CANT PUT IT IN HERE >>>

They seem to be running out of a flat ... but it asks you to reply to a PO BOX number .. the FLAT address is:

47 PENNANT COURT

PENN ROAD

WOLVERHAMPTON

WEST MIDLANDS

WV3 0DT

I wonder if it a council or housing association flat ... I didnt think they allow businesses to be run from them ...

How can I find out ... maybe get them reported or maybe even evicted !!

I called them and they said over phone that they work under BPA guidance .... ermmmmmm

They say its a private matter - I asked what has this got to do with the road traffic act....

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HAD ONE OF THESE DOCUMENTS ... I DO NOT HAVE A SCANNER SO CANT PUT IT IN HERE >>>

this is Fraud and a Police matter from the sound of it. No scanner ? what about a mobile phone with a digital camera built in (in close up/auto focus mode). or a plain digital camera.

I spoke to a bozo there earlier, in the end he hung up on me.

It must be a big flat there.

I have reported to trading standards today and will visit the police in next few days.

The location they say I was parked does not even exist, so I wonder if they even have rights to put tickets on, It is a piece of wasteland, I will see who owns it and see if they know of this bunch of t0ssers.

I have just come off the phone from the police, they have given me a log number and someone will call me to visit and make a statement.

They were reluctant at first to take it, stating it was a civil matter ... I spoke to a supervisor who agreed it was a police matter (almost 15mins on the phone) ..

If anyone else here has had a letter from MPS, please can you post on here ... the more people who complain the more chances these idiots will end up in the dock facing criminal charges !!!

If you want to remain anonomous then just post here and I can PM you with the police log details so you can call west midlands police directly and add to the case.

If you want to remain anonomous then just post here and I can PM you with the police log details so you can call west midlands police directly and add to the case.

Doesn't work like that. Each individual will have their own crime reference number.

1) this means that there will be a 'peak' of such crimes by a single named part, which will raise the profile and trigger action.

2) when it is cleared up, several crimes can be closed at once - thus looking good in the figures for clear-up rates/detections

Doesn't work like that. Each individual will have their own crime reference number.

1) this means that there will be a 'peak' of such crimes by a single named part, which will raise the profile and trigger action.

2) when it is cleared up, several crimes can be closed at once - thus looking good in the figures for clear-up rates/detections

Thanks for this information Pat, I was just concerned about people not wanting to give their own information on here but on the other hand want them to come forward.

If they called the police with the log number, could the police not just transfer details and link together ??

I think that you may be believing in a non-existent level of intelligence here....:)

No ;) .. I was thinking with the problems I had for them to take the call originally .. anyone else calling they could be met with "I cant tell you/link them because of data protection reasons we can only discuss with the original caller". They could use this as an excuse not to take it seriously.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update everyone (I forgot password for my original account, so had to reregister).

I have not heard from anyone and the police didnt seem interested when they came around, they have given me a crime number, as opposed to an incident log number and they are investigating.

I did not receive a reply from MPS, not that I am overly surprised and they have sent no more letters to me, so maybe a result.

• 1 month later...

Do not pay this ticket, take it to the Trading Standards in the Civic Center in Wolverhampton, I had one of these tickets on he 1st of August, some of the wording is illegal and the company is being taken to court by Trading Standards. I have not paid and have not heard back from MPS in over 2 months, so their threat of court action is full of bull. Do not bother to contact MPS, let Trading Standards walk you through the actions if any are needed to ignore this illegal parking ticket.

this is their T&C

main page under construction ,, STILL

but you can pay via it :lol::lol::lol:

Midland Parking Solutions

read this bit - and the date might say it all

MPS may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01 April 2008.

oh they want to make you happy also

now i know you wont use this , BUT a freephone number there

freephone 0800 0925859

Edited by kiptower

You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without MPS's prior written consent.

Oh dear! :)

We can only process your Appeal if you enclose your Parking Charge Notice number, Vehicle registration number and full postal address. (Please also enclose a stamped self addressed envelope).

They want the victims to pay for the stamp? :mad:

Interesting stuff on the ICO website:

Registration Number: Z1318639

Date Registered: 06 May 2008 Registration Expires: 05 May 2009

Data Controller: MIDLAND PARKING SOLUTIONS LTD

Address:

47 PENNANT COURT

PENN ROAD

WOLVERHAMPTON

WEST MIDLANDS

WV3 0DT

This register entry describes, in very general terms, the personal data being processed by:

MIDLAND PARKING SOLUTIONS LTD

This register entry contains personal data held for 2 purpose(s)

Purpose 1

Staff Administration

Purpose Description:

Appointments or removals, pay, discipline, superannuation, work management or other personnel matters in relation to the staff of the data controller.

Data subjects are:

Staff including volunteers, agents, temporary and casual workers

Relatives, guardians and associates of the data subject

Data classes are:

Personal Details

Family, Lifestyle and Social Circumstances

Education and Training Details

Employment Details

Financial Details

Racial or Ethnic Origin

Religious or Other Beliefs Of A Similar Nature

Trade Union Membership

Physical or Mental Health or Condition

Sources (S) and Disclosures (D)(1984 Act). Recipients (1998 Act):

Data subjects themselves

Relatives, guardians or other persons associated with the data subject

Current, past or prospective employers of the data subject

Education, training establishments and examining bodies

Suppliers, providers of goods or services

Financial organisations and advisers

Central Government

Employment and recruitment agencies

Transfers:

None outside the European Economic Area

Purpose 2

Accounts & Records

Purpose Description:

Keeping accounts related to any business or other activity carried on by the data controller, or deciding whether to accept any person as a customer or supplier, or keeping records of purchases, sales or other transactions for the purpose of ensuring that the requisite payments and deliveries are made or services provided by him or to him in respect of those transactions, or for the purpose of making financial or management forecasts to assist him in the conduct of any such business or activity

Data subjects are:

Customers and clients

Suppliers

Complainants, correspondents and enquirers

Data classes are:

Personal Details

Financial Details

Goods or Services Provided

Sources (S) and Disclosures (D)(1984 Act). Recipients (1998 Act):

Business associates and other professional advisers

Employees and agents of the data controller

Other companies in the same group as the data controller