• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

standard of care

zaffie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5764 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Advice any one.

Mum in hospital 8 weeks. Long story but eventually meningioma removed from spine. Now bed bound not making progress. Has a really nasty grade 3 pressure ulcer

Am really concerned that there are not enough staff on ward to care for her

Have approached PALS will try and meet with consultant. we do not feel involved in the care making decisions.

She is not turned 4 hourly no turn chart etc etc

Is there guidelines on how many trained staff should be on a stroke ward all with high dependency needs?

I do feel sorry for staff who are run off their feet but it does not help my mum

Zaffie

sorry to hear of your mums problems., as you have already guessed the shortage of staff is a problem all over and even when numbers are 100% the type of ward your mums on is very hectic as you have seen.

Is you mum on a pressure matress?, this is something you need to ensure she has in the first instance.

I am sure someone who has more experience than me will offer some guidance (im a student nurse)

good luck

I'm sorry to hear about your mum.

Where I work we have a minimum 6 staff (not all trained) on a morning and 4 in the afternoon, 3 at night, for 28 beds - note I say minimum, staffing is usually better than this but this is the absolute minimum. This does not include OT physio etc.

I am ashamed of the profession if she has developed a grade 3 ulcer in hospital - did she have an ulcer on admission? Mizziwizzi is right when she says that mum should be on a pressure relieving mattress - if she is there will be an electrical box on the end of the bed controlling airflow in and out of the mattress, if the hospital has insufficient stock they can hire one in. This reduces the risk of pressure area damage but mum will still need turning 3-4 hourly. If I was involved in her care I would have started a turn chart at the first sign of skin damage - to provide evidence that we had been turning her in case a complaint came in!

Is mum getting rehab - ie being assessed and treated by physio and occupational therapists to maximise her recovery?

You have every right to be involved in her care - I would phone the consultants secretary and arange an appointment to see the consultant. I would also ask for an appointment with the ward manager to raise your concerns. Ask for clarification of the care plan, the potential for recovery and long-term prognosis - ie is it likely that mum will be bed bound/wheelchair bound/walk etc. At some point there should be an MDT (multi disciplinary meeting) - ask if you can attend. When she is medically stable there may be a case conference to plan for discharge - you can attend that.

If you are not getting a positive response from the ward staff you can go to the matron.

Hope things soon get sorted.

If I can help further let me know.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!

Hi

Thanks for replies. Mum was mobile no pressure ulcers before she was admitted. Pressure ulcer now grade 4/5 being assessed for surgical debridement.

On pressure relieving mattress no physio or OT. Have met with matron and raised concerns and still she is not being turned consistently every 3-4 hours.

Matron is meant to be organising meet with consultant. Have already attended one MDT before her surgery. Was not very satisfactory they only talked about nursing home.

Feel this is going to become an official complaint sooner rather than later.

Feel that they have failed in their duty of care. Very upset at mo mum is fading away before my eyes

Regards

Zaffie

Right - the matron will have a secretary - phone and ask if the meet with the consultant has been arranged, if not phone the consultants sec yourself.

You need to ask why no physio/OT - is there no rehab potential? Had mum beeb formally assessed by phys/OT.

Get PALS involved - poor communication is at the core of many complaints, it appears to me (although obviously I don't have all the facts) that poor communication is the major issue here, along with the pressure damage. You need clear guidance from the team looking after mum as to prognosis and potential for rehab to enable you to have realistic expectaions regarding her potential for recovery and future abilities.

Start rattling their cages - and I would definately be making a formal complaint about the pressure damage - it can be avoided in most instances, although some patients refuse to be turned, some roll straight back onto the back following turning - if this is the case with your mum it should be clearly documented in her notes BUT action should be taken by nursing staff to minimise the risks - at the very least I would expect regular turns and a turn chart.

Poppynurse :)

If my comments have been helpful please click my scales!!!!