Any Computer techi's who can identify a Blue Petered e mail?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5722 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did the solicitor have your email address at the time they said they sent you the contentious email?

I don't give them mine until time is of the essence near a Court date. If you're like me, then perhaps they can't have emailed you as they didn't have your address yet?

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

An SMTP session always has to have a FROM: in it.

As you say, their IT Dept could have made a custom form to print only the info you can see, but it is not possible for you to receive an email that has no From: address in it.

I don't know of any email systems that do not timestamp emails either.

Email headers almost always follow this pattern:

To: [email protected]

Subject: Hello

Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 08:33:00 -0700

and these details in the header are what are used to show you your "list" of emails on Outlook Express (for example) and also to print the email.

• Haha 1

The REAL Axis of evil: Banks, Credit Card Companies & Credit Reference Agencies.

It is highly likely that the email would still be in the sender's Sent Items folder if they are using Exchange Server and Outlook.

If they are using Outlook, then the layout of the print they sent you is unusual to say the least.

Not impossible though, just unusual.

Send an email to the mistyped email address and see if it bounces back. Make it polite and ask the person who may receive it to reply back to you.

If you're bob21@bt.com and they mistyped bob2@bt.com (for example), then bob2 might exist.

If you're lucky, you'll get a bounce and you'll know they will have gotten one as well.

• Haha 1