Help!! Dca Purchased Debt After Registering Default!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Can anyone help :confused: - Link Financial Limited have registered a default against me in 2004 - only just realised when I checked my credit file.

They had purchased the debt from Barclaycard who also registered a default for the same debt.

I recently raised this with the CRA and subsiquently Barclaycard removed the default within 3 days!

I recently sent a CCA request to Link Financial (22/08/08) - they wrote back afew days later stating that they had purchased the debt from Barclaycard and that they'd have to request a copy of the credit agreement from Barclaycard.

HOWEVER in their letter they have stated that they purchased the debt on 16th dec 2004 - I checked both my Equifax & Experian credit reports and both state that the default was registered on 30th sep 2004!!

Soooo my question is - Can they legally put a default on my credit file for a debt they registered as defaulted before they owned the debt??

Remember Barclaycard withdrew their default for the same debt in a matter of days, also I have written proof from the DCA themselves stating when the debt was Purchased (3 months AFTER they registered the default)!!

Could I raise this point with the CRA's immediately??

Please help - i'm in the process of trying to clear my credit myself - i'm doing an OK job so far but I'd really appreciate some useful advise on this :grin:

Edited by lornarobins

Thanks BabyBear your a star!:D:D

1) Do you know what kind of letter I should write??? Is there a template or legal points I should raise in my correspondence??

I obviously would like the default removed at once, as i want to remortgage soon and don;t want to be put on hold for months!!

I'm pretty sure that they will not produce the CCA before 12 days and the account will automatically be in default.

2) Are they LEGALLY wrong for registering a default for a debt they did not own?? The original creditors have removed their default so i'm sure they can't claim they were acting on their behalf !

Any thoughts??? :wink: