• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Swift Advances. Secured Loan Charges reclaim

overdone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know this may be a little sensitive and awkward for some, but I am doing some research into repossessions to monitor the effects on peoples lives for a charity. I wonder if anyone who has had the misfortune to be repossessed by this company would mind sending me a PM so I can discuss this with them in private.

This will be totally confidential and will not involve names.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys,

Why all the subterfuge?

If anyone knows who TIE is, lets name him and get him out of the closet?

If he is connected with Swift and exposure might get him in trouble - so what?

At least give him/her a chance to confrim or deny?

Why all the fannying about?

m

Site protocol Marky, site protocol - be like giving your details out and you wouldn't want that would you? - Everyone is entitled to an opinion - controversial or otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...
TIE, I will not waste my time or energy in getting in to any squabble with you and your beliefs about sparkie, however in his defence I can and do appreciate what he has/is doing in his battle against swift.

Did you know that Rome was not built in a day? Or maybe you do believe that it was that is why you are finding it so hard to understand that sparkie has not achieved any good result yet and I say YET!

As you have so much time reading and taking such personal in to what sparkie has done and what he has not done I would like to invite you to read my thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/214005-mistake-fraud-43.html

It took me over 10 years and a year of going to County Court to get back just under £5k from a crook of a man. I went through all the highs and lows I ever could have in my life. Thanks to cagger legalpickle I won and not only that but it was people like him and sparkie who actually opened my eyes to what you can achieve if you believe that you are right. Legalpickle and sparkie do not claim to be supermen but to many of us that is what they are as they have helped many of us in our hour of need and given us hope [especially me] where there was no hope.

I have been to 3 sets of solicitors, one barrister, CAB, FSA, Consumer Direct, OFT and even Mr David Blocksidge himself and not one single bit of help or advice was given with my un regulated loan agreement, so can you blame people for fighting their battles and these loan shark companies themselves.

Maybe you can suggest what some one like me in my position should do, having been the victim of undisclosed commissions, hidden terms and many many other unfair terms? You seem to think that you know what your on about, and I challenge you to prove sparkie or any of us wrong.

I would love to put my arguments forward to you, and why I believe that my agreement is worth nothing more than Tesco value toilet paper.

Please refrain from posting on this thread, I mean if you are really worried that sparkie is misleading on the wrong path then please would you be so kind and show us the right path, and if you cannot I suggest you keep your opinions to your self as I am sure we are all over 18 and entitled to make our own minds up whether to believe sparkie or not.

There now I have said what I needed to I hope some of what I have said has got through, if not there is plenty more as I am feeling quite PMT'd and can carry on if you like. :D

and even Mr David Blocksidge himself

Frettful, with respect, David Blocksidge is at the OFT and looks after regulated business. The OFT do not get into personal issues or anything which requires any kind of advice on your specific agreement - especially Unregulated ones, so you wasted your energy and his time even contacting him.

Please refrain from posting on this thread, I mean if you are really worried that sparkie is misleading on the wrong path then please would you be so kind and show us the right path, and if you cannot I suggest you keep your opinions to your self as I am sure we are all over 18 and entitled to make our own minds up whether to believe sparkie or not.

Sorry, disagree there also. This forum is about not judging others, no matter what they say, you don't have to agree with TIE but what he is doing is putting an alternative view and one which posters may like to consider and this makes the forum a better place.

It is my opinion that this whole forum is made up in the main by people who want to see justice done for the man in the street and there are some real fighters out here amongst them Sparkie being just one. Whether Sparkie is right or not is not the issue, what he has done has inspired others to go seek the evidence for themselves, the danger, as TIE is making clear, is that if that information is incorrect then peoples hopes and inspirations will be dashed and he's right to say that, we are not sheep and dominant parties can lead people down dark alleys, so the message is always seek the proper legal advice you need. We all know Sparkie has a heart of gold, he is wrong at times, he'd be the first to admit it aren't we all?

TIE adds a little truth and humour to what is for many a very traumatic experience fighting against companies that reply to anything we ask as ' irrelevancies' well the likes of Sparkie make sure that those people are made quite clear that they won't accept brush offs and go back and hold the companies to strict proof.

I like takeiteasy's posts and I hope he keeps them coming, just because you don't agree, doesn't mean his view is any less valuable than anyone else's. Sorry if that's not the answer you wanted Frett, but reality checks sometimes are not such a bad thing, you have proved your point about the fight and well done, how many though will keep at it like you without the inspiration of people like our Sparkie?

Oh, and frett, I know you'll want the last word, so be gentle on me :D

Is that TIE for real?!

Well if he is, then all he does is make us think about the enormity of what you all have taken on, which gives credibility to one and all on here to find the resolution, it fires everyone on.

If he's not? Then let him play.

Having worked myself on other threads and companies for as long as many of you have on Swift I know what it's like when people come on to throw what appears to be an unwelcomed spanner in the works, but for every negative there is a positive to be had so perhaps that's what I see, when I see posts like his I cannot ignore them, I try and look into the person who wrote it and where they are coming from. I don't do personal criticism, it's counter productive, but we all have swipes at our targets and anyone who knows my Cabot work will readily see who our target was there.

As for you frett, I would have thought you'd have known better " I emailed Mr Blocksidge because I was hitting a brick wall" er? what exactly were you expecting by writing to him then - compassion? :p

And as for TIE's comments about Sparkie being a fraud etc, well I just laughed and took it in the spirit it was written, TIE doesn't go on other threads, only posts here, has researched Sparkie so well, you decide for yourselves what this person is all about. You never know, he could be the Swift CEO himself ;-)

Andrew - because I dont post on other threads I'm not credible? Thanks for proving my point. Any anti Sparkie view draws the groups wrath and that person must be a Swift employee. It seems I have been promoted from compliance officer at Swift to the CEO.

That's not what I said. I told people to make their own minds up on from where you are coming from and that it's healthy to have the views of all. It is my belief as will be found in my earlier posts that everyone should be treated with equal respect and I made that quiet clear. On a thread like this your comments I knew would be contraversial, I was encouraging people to embrace the broader picture. I welcome your posts to be honest.

Sorry Andrew I misunderstood. I agree with you about getting things out there and there is no questioning the dedication many of you have. I still don't understand why nobody questions what Sparkie says. Not a single word has come true - nothing. Go back and look at his posts a few months ago when he was supposedly in secret meetings in Belfast. Swift was going to lose their license the following day. He was so sure of it. It never happened. He was asked what happened. He never answered and Swift still have their license. That is just one example. And today, he told someone that their mortgage was not enforceable - they should be smiling. That is dangerous and nobody ever questions it. Why?

Sparkie - instead of a no comment how about defending your actions? Why haven't any of your claims since your first post materialised? Why are Swift still operational? Why do Swift still have a license? Why are they still making loans? Why does a retired auto mechanic have access to all of this secret information? How about some answers? My offer from months ago still stands about paying your mortgage?

My OH is always asking me the same question TIE, why doesn't it happen like NOW?....well people would like it that way, but things don't happen that way especially when it involves bringing a company or it's management down. Just think how long the OFT take to investigate things and act, the legal process is a long one, so whilst you are rightly questioning sparkies theories and putting him to proof, this is a 'time will tell' situation and people will just have to be patient I fear.

What I think stands out for me at least is that you are talking about untrained people having to piece together bit-part information, source this information and then check out the authenticity. Most are not Accountants or experienced bankers and it all takes a ham fisted shape until the jig saw begins to form a picture - these people are fighting a company which floats a concrete wall around any questions asked, they are not privy to accounts or in-house information so of course it looks clumsey. They have to find out the hard way, so anything you can add which is constructive from your experience will although treated with some scepticism no doubt will be taken on board. You just won't earn any brownie points from those on board here by slating the guy who has fired up so many people whether he's a raving loony :grin: or not - time will tell.

People thought Tony Blair was a leader once didn't they? :roll:

Hi everyone,

After all the commotion on the thread last night, I would like to point out …..especially to Andrew 1 and fretfull…About the OFT and regulated and unregulated agreements

fretfull said that an approach was made to Mr Blocksidge and she received a letter from him that said the OFT cannot and do not intervene in any single specific case.

That is correct and I received the same reply when I made my complaint in 2007………what Mr Blocksidge did not say …is that the OFT can and do intervene in cases where a complaint is made by a group of consumers, and a “Group” is widely considered to be more than 2 persons.

For everyone to be clear……… the OFT does involve itself in unregulated credit agreements….but the only regulations that are available for them to use are ...the UTCCC regs, the CPR,s ( Consumer Protection Regulations) and the Enterprise Act 2002.

The only credit agreements the OFT cannot intervene in are First charge mortgages, exempt agreements and High Net worth agreements.

I hope this helps folks understand a bit more about this

sparkie.

Thank you for pointing this out Sparkie

Stick to the facts, not the personalities, that way we get to the issues, not the differences of personalities. We all come from different backgrounds, professionally and otherwise, many of us had to learn from scratch, others may have the benefit of a job which has given a different and better insight. Collectively, we can come up with questions and answers. Acknowledge people's differences and beg to differ, just try not get personal, it achieves nothing and everyone is trying for the same result - the truth, the action we can take, the resolutions.

'Synergy' - the power of many added together to become a bigger force as one.

A1

• 2 months later...

Neither am I Gallahad, but you have followed the SPML thread and I'd suggest others who believe in the issue of ownership of these loans do the same and read the 360+ pages on that thread to see what has been discussed. I agree, this is the same scenario as Swift, but anyone wishing to go to court to argue this particular issue despite what has been found in hard evidence better find themselves a damned good barrister who understands the intracasies between both if they don't want to be landed with a huge legal bill.

I know what evidence is there and the individuals concerned know exactly what they are doing and what they have. It's not so simple believe me, some will make progress no doubt, but it ain't gonna be easy for those who don't really know and caution is the only word I can use to try and make people tread extremely carefully before following this through the court system.

Let's keep our heads here and not get personal. Swift has been an extremely difficult organisation to break through. For a variety of reasons certain things have gone differently from prediction and yes, some on here have been 'enthusiastic' about expectations. That said, many have worked tirelessly, some unsung, others well sung, but this has been an arduous task for all concerned and despite the rants and raves from both camps justice will prevail in the courtroom and nowhere else.

Once that happens then whoever comes good can say what they like, but lets not say this is dead until it is dead-it isn't and there is still lots more to come and much more to be tested. This company, from what I can see, has not exactly been co-operative and fight to the last even if they're wrong. They have barristers and a big kitty to fight with, we are LIP's and they know it. Just hold your guns from blazing at anyone until it's all over - this as sparkie once said, is being done for everyone, not just a selected few, but individual wars need to be fought first as this is the only way it'll work with companies like Swift.

Nothing goes on here on the threads just now, but you can be assured nothing has stopped no matter how bizaar some of you think others have been. Remember, all of you are in the same boat with Swift and others are toiling hard to get justice or as near to it as one can get with this judiciary.

It had to change lesterlass, they are no different to the debt collection agencies who were under the impression that the consumer knows nothing. If it had not been for the likes of some of you on here, just like we in the Fan Club did with Cabot, then things would never have changed. The Fan Club turned a 9.6million profit into a 7 million loss for cabot in one year alone just by energising people to rebel and ask the company to abide by the law. Same is happening here from what I can see. It's clumsey yes, it's more often than not incorrect I'd agree, but beneath all that is the truth and every time Swift deny something it gives people the incentive to go find that truth. And so they will.

It is a belief that many people have been repossessed unjustly, litigated against unfairly and in some cases unlawfully, but that will only be put to the test in the courts because Swift, as did Cabot believe they were above the law and are complacent because never before have they been put to challenge like this by their customers. Much of what is said may be well off the mark, but it's what is not said they need to be watching out for.

It was/is my belief that too much of what was found by various account holders was put up for public digestion but which only benefitted Swift as they trawled the forum to an audience of perhaps 20 account holders. hardly a prediction of a landslide against them. If and when anyone comes out from court and have won these arguments then Swift will know the meaning of the words 'public domain'. They have 25,000 +/- account holders and they will be informed. That's when the tide will really turn.

As you say, working together and using each others strengths is the key so long as everyone sings from the same hymn sheet and keeps what is found where it belongs - in front of a judge.

• Haha 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks