Debt following death.

nuthatch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thankyou JC, The Godmother and PriorityOne

I think it is a good idea to get individual files for each of the debts as I do get mixed up at the moment. I am usually a well organised person believe it or not and my gift at work was bringing order to chaos.

I will get the letter off to Egg on Monday and get some files.

Individual files are a good way of managing and sectioning the problems. It brings all to digestible, bite size pieces. You will gain a sense of control just by doing that.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but don't expect to much from CCCS. They have the mistaken belief that no matter how your treated by the creditor YOU have a moral obligation to pay.

Its' also worth remembering that whilst a charity much of their 'funding' comes form the finance industry.

That explains a thing or two. We do not normally ask the pheasant to award the prize for the best shot. Lots of financial institutions recommend c.c.c.s over citizens advice b.

along with all the other letter that will be comming in says we have cancelled this debt.

Very important. Argos cancelled mine and I took it all at face value and did not keep the letter. Six months later Cabot bought it. I am still paying it off but not for much longer.

• 4 weeks later...
I have had my DMP review with the CCCS and my monthly payment has been reduced by more than a quarter as I am off sick. This is towards a debt of just over £40000.

I asked the counsellor about making F &F offers with the lump sum I have and she said I could either pay off the smaller accounts or offer everyone a pro rata amount. They would probably get about 30%.

What worries me here, and it is better to say now,is an implication of money in a bank account. I hope it is independent of any creditors related banks. Some creditors are ruthlessly using "Set Off". They cleaned someones bank account of a months money leaving them £1.00 for the month. Hope any money paid into an account is independent.

• 3 weeks later...

I am still trying to pluck up the courage to act on the advice on the threads I have started about my own debts. I just don't seem to be able to find the courage.

"Corporate Bodies have no soul" Because what you are being advised to do maybe goes against the core of your own nature and contrary to how you have been raised to think. Your head needs to go to another place to deal with Organisations. It is not as though you are dealing with friends and family.

• Haha 1

"Egg have been so stupid. I have written to them several times and they keep sending letters back that bear no relation to any comments I have made."

They rely on computers and quite frankly should not be in charge of anybody's money. Fit to hold a consumer credit licence? They are not fit to run a garden party.

Edited by overdone
typos

Unless funded by a company hospitality credit card.

A close relative of mine worked for RBOS...may their souls be eternally damned...and she was shocked when a night out for the staff was paid for on a special credit card for the purpose :mad:

More to the point, did it have a valid CCA. An enforceable agreement?

I would write a brief letter stating

"I already have provided you with the information you demand & I will not be responding to you again"

"I would remind you that I have recently lost my husband & whilst all other creditors have been sympathetic you have not, as a result you are making a distressing situation much worse"

Well put, J.C.

• 1 month later...
I was pursued by Cabot (pretending to be RBS) over an alleged debt that was over 20 years old. Not only was it something I knew nothing of, the real RBS had no record of me ever being a customer; unsurprising really, since I have never had any dealings with them.

Looking at other RBS threads, it seems that their admin is often highly questionable. Combine this with the greed of DCAs, and it's easy to see why there are so many clusters.

Thank you for highlighting this.

• 5 months later...