Getting debt cancelled if SLC harasses you?

hollywoodhenderson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Many must be the familiar with the scenario of; you speak to the SLC, hang up thinking everything has been settled and forgetting it, and then the next day you receive a call from them again just reading off the screen as if the previous conversation had never taken place. You calmly try and tell them about the conversation, they say there's no record of it on the system, and you're back to square one. Meanwhile you get a letter asking for three months arrears or something.

Anyway I sent them the deferment forms in time, have a tracking number to prove it which I gave them. I am still getting phonecalls asking for arrears, denying all knowledge of the tracking number even though a week ago someone said they had been received in their other office and would chase it up. All down to poor communication between departments.

Do I have a case for harassment and subsequently getting the debt written off?

Guest Old_andrew2018

IMHO you should not telephone these idiots, start writing otherwise as you see you will go over the same ground, thats not taking in to account the B.S they spout out.

If your your first letter explains that you will only deal in writing, and then calls continue you could claim harrassment, getting the debt written off is harder what would you grounds be.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

You wouldn't get the debt written off.

I know they can only go back 3 months of arrears if you were late in returning a form i.e. if your deferment finished in Feb and you returned a form in June, then it would only go back to March and you would owe one months payment. Could it be this?