Thames Credit Questionable Activities.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 6 months later...

They recently cropped up with my OH. They supplied so little information we initially thought it was for a completely different debt. Doesn't bother us as - BOTH are statute barred (the other is with Link- some people get all the luck!)

I'm looking forward to their response to the statute barred letter.

Funnily enough, IF it is the account we think it might be, it was closed with a nil balance we think. What was that about nefarious practices?

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Well a lot already on this thread. Two of my great concerns are them demanding a copy of your passport and the manner in which they talk to you on the phone. Now you asked the question you have jogged my memory. I think I have uncovered another tactic which they use. They put a large debt on my credit report for about £5000 which wasn't my debt. Also, there some wild address link connected to that debt listed as - wait for it - 'THE GERMAN EMBASSY'! :lol::lol::lol: Now there was also a legitimate debt in their care listed on my credit report. I think their ploy was to get people to contact them about the 'blatantly' false debts and address links. Furthermore, the false debt was listed down as Thames Credit and the legitimate debt was listed down as Aktiv Kapital. They are actually one and the same and people wouldn't know that. For example, I was talking to some 'person' on the phone about the false debt and he suddenly piped up about the legitimate debt that Aktiv Kapital held. There and then he said and I quote verbatim et literatim:

'Oh, well we've got that one now.'

No previous letter or communication about that. Just there and then on the phone. That's a good method of assignment unless they are one and the same!!! :lol::lol::lol:

What sort of world do you want your kids to grow up in?