• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tilly V mortgage express repo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a little time if the repro isnt untill the end of May so why dont you sit down with a piece of paper and work ou the best thing for you do you need special facilities for you hubby will he ever work again how bad is the break all these things could make a difference

how much do you have coming in what can you afford to rent

have you applied for any help as hubby is not working you can then look at the results and work out your priortys every one is bombarding you with information at the moment which must be confusing as well as helpfull then make a plan under different headings to what you want the outcome to be being realistic of course it will help you to see more clearly

take care:)

thats the bank holiday and half term week so the hearing will be the week before if no one nearer can help I will try to come but have heavy work commitments that week lets wait and see when the hearing is and who else might help chin up

• Haha 1

Sounds good to me silly if you can make it I think as long as Tilly gets some moral support while she gets things organised she will feel a lot happier

Give him a hug from us all Any thing you need just say

Bona XXX

Im so pleased that SG will be able to be with you I would if I could

How come you have a date of 27th if the Baliff hasnt sent you the notice if the mortgage comapny has asked for that date and you submitt a n244 they have to make the date after the hearing so you would get longer the only person who can make a bayliffs appointment is the bayliff so I sugest you ring the court tomorrow between 8 and 9 and you will be given the Bayliff then you van finsd out exactly what is happening I was on good terms with our bayliff due to the number of notices he was always very helpfiull perhaps your date will be later if he has made the appointment you can ask him why the court wont accept your N244

OK The balyiff cannot evict you untill after that day when you havent gone of your own free will they will wait and see you can put in the N244 with the application fee and then the Bayliffs cant make an appointment till after that date May I suggest you wait untill either you get an appointment for the 27th or after from the bayliff dont think you will or go along on the 23rd and put in the application you should get a hearing some weeks away and the Baliff then cant make an appointment if he did you just go in and get the hearing moved it could be your going to have several weeks lets hope The mortgage co have to apply to the court for an eviction order and cant untill 27th has passed just checked with my court hope yours is the same

Keep cheerfull

No dont worry if I was you I would tomorrow telephone the bayliff and ask him

1. does he have an eviction order for you ( doubt it as the court would know)

2. Tell him you will be seeking an application and you are worried that that the eviction date will be before the hearing quote the court saying they will not treat it as urgent and will he confirm that if an application is in and a date for the hearing is set the eviction date will be after that date

3 if he confirms that put in the application the extra £35.00 will be woth getting extra time on the 23rd of May or first thing on the 27th

Once you have spoken to him I think you wil find you can relax a bit and get on with finding somewhere new to live and trying to sell the house

If any of the above is not clear come back to me

I doubt very much that they are going to even apply untill after the 27th Can I suggest you write a letter deatailing every thing that you are doing to try to sell the house and sort out you problems (dont put in your looking for accomadation) say you will update them each week and each week also pay something if you can off the account it will look good to the judge when the time comes

Edited by Bona
spelling

Tilly

have you looked into selling yur house and renting it back there are scheemes you would need to look at the small print but it might be worth looking at

Ellen is right if you get repossessed sepecialy at the moment you could lose yur house any equity have your name on the repossession register ( affects credit) and end up being chased for shortfall surley to be able to rent your home back and be shot of debt and worry for a few years so you can look at starting again must be better than years of paying back a shortfall I dont say it the best option but it might be the best of the worse senario's

Hi Tilly

What a lot to think about you have to do the best for you and your familly,

My old mum had a saying knock on ever door possible and one will open

All I can say is is that I have been through some really tough times but knock on all the doors and one will open and you will get through

Take care

Bonaxxxx