• Tweets

• Have we seen your court bundle?   If we haven't then it's probably an idea to post it up here especially the index page and the witness statement so we can see if there is anything which might need adding or changing 
    • "Care to briefly tell someone who isn't tech savvy - i.e. me! - how you did this?" Its pretty simple although not obvious. You open the google maps app > click your profile picture > Click Timeline from the list > click today > choose the date you want to see the timeline from. Then you'll see your timeline for that day. Often, places you have visited will have a question mark beside them where google wants you confirm you have actually visited. You either click 'yes' if you have, or you click 'edit' to enter the actual place you visited. Sometimes, you'll see 'Missing visit' This probably happens if your internet connection has dropped out at that time. You simply click 'Add visit' and enter the place. The internet on my crappy phone often loses connection so I have to do that alot.   OK dx, understood mate. 
    • I have now been given a court date vs Evri, 4th Sept 2024. I have completed my court bundle, when am I expected to send copies to the court and Evri and should it be in hard copy or electronic? The Notice of Allocation states that no later than 7 days before the directions hearing both parties must send to the other party their final offers to settle. Does this mean I will have to tell Evri what I'm willing to settle? Rgds, J
    • Ok how about this to the CEO? I know it sounds super desperate but lets call a spade a spade here, I am super desperate: Dear Sir, On 29th November 2023 I took out a loan of £5000 with you. Unfortunately very early into 2024 I found myself in financial difficulty (unexpected bills and two episodes of sickness and the tax office getting my tax code wrong resulting in less pay for two months) and I contacted you (MCB) on 13th February 2024 asking if there was any way I could extend the length of my loan to 36 months. I fully explained why I was requesting this and asked for your help. I did not receive a reply to that email so I again contacted you on 7th March 2024 to advise you of a change in my circumstances which resulted in me having to take out a DMP and asking you to confirm that the direct debit had been cancelled. You would have also received confirmation of this DMP from StepChange but you did not acknowledge receipt of my email. I have only managed to make one payment from my loan but did try and contact MCB to discuss extending my loan, help etc.  I have now therefore fallen behind on several of my debts, yours included, and as a result you have lodged a Cifas marker against my name for "evasion of payment", which has resulted in me having to change banks, which has been an extremely difficult process because of the Cifas marker. I do not feel you have been fair or given me the opportunity to fully explain my situation to you before you lodged the marker against my name. I appreciate it is a business and you have acted accordingly, but I did try to make contact to arrange alternative arrangements and at no point, not even to this day, did I ever intend to not repay my loan. I cannot stress to you enough how much this has affected my mental health. I am having trouble sleeping and my existing health condition has been exacerbated by all of this. What I would like you to do is to please, please remove the Cifas marker and let me make arrangements to pay the loan back through a DMP.  Please sir, I am begging for your help here. I am not a dishonest person and I have never been in a situation like this before. I am desperately trying to make things right but this marker is killing me. Please can you help me? I look forward to hearing from you. Yours faithfully,
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Partner is remortgaging to buy ex partner out?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5863 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, I am new to this forum and would like some advice if possible as I am not sure where else to turn to at the moment.:)

I have just started dating someone near me -we have seen one another for 6 months now....and he was currently living in a joint morgage with his ex partner for 4 years which was in both names. They split up in May 07 and he wanted her to move out which she did in November time 07.

At that time in November 07, my partner wanted the house in his name and his ex asked for £40k to buy her out, which meant he would need to remortgage his current mortgage. In December 07 time I was told from him that this loan did in fact go through and he was able to buy her out. We were really happy and celebrated and thought, excellent this is the start of a new year and a new us!

Then January time came and I was asking if he received any paperwork re this but no nothing as of yet, and that now the lenders have said it hasnt quite gone through as planned - totally confused and so was my partner??:???: (apparently things were missing, amounts, paperwork etc, he didnt know what this was either!)

Now we are in April and unfortunately this still hasnt gone through, he was told also that he could get £30k and not £40k to buy out his ex but this hasnt been resolved. Then he goes on to tell me just recently (while getting upset and crying) that he has to take out another loan of £4k as he has had to pay the mortgage he hasnt paid since Jan to his mortgage company which the lenders are now asking for as he hasnt been paying his mortgage.....hmmm:evil:

So now he gets a call from the loan company re his £4k loan which he has been given and approved (but he admits to not getting excited about) and this will go to his mortgage company to cover the months gone for the payments he should have paid for his mortgage. So, when his lenders receive the £4k hopefully the remortgage of £30k will go through......we hope, but something tells me something still doesnt add up. The other thing is instead of asking for £4k he has asked for £8k instead - why I will never know even though he said he doesnt need the extra £4k? (also he still needs this £30k....???)

So its now April, he says he wants to commit to me and that he would like me to move in with him, if the remortgage doesnt go through he will sell the house, rent it out and we can get something together? I agreed to September time and wont move in until this has been resolved....end of! (he says he wants more of me.....more commitment etc, but to me I cant until this is resolved)

Now another problem has cropped up, the other reason why the remortgage wont pay out £30k to the ex is because he is still paying out another remortgage - confused....I am too!

So you can see why I am not moving in just yet just because I am not sure what on earth is going on here.

I on the other hand have no debts, just in the process of buying another property to let out as an investment, have another one which is rented out and workwise and money is going really well.....I am 33, he is 41, his current morgage is £1400 per month for one person (that is rather huge) and other payments including £450 for his car, and bills etc on top. he earns a good salary but the company he works for has just changed his contract and states in there about bonuses and how they have now changed, he wont sign the contract until he discusses this, which is fair enough, but god what a mess!

what would you suggest I do, I dont think I can gather anymore information from him, as he says to me "dont worry it will sort itself out, and I am not worrying about it anymore!" or he gets upsets and literally cried on me, which I felt terrible for and tried to make amends!

:) thanks for reading, hopefully you can help

take care

xx

Hello, dear oh me what a tangled web! I think there is rather more to this than meets the eye and I hate to say it, I don't think he is telling you the truth here. Also, of course he wants you to move in! A solvent partner, with a good income, buy to let properties, you are a good catch!

I would demand the whole truth from start to finish and if he can't tell you, end the relationship.

Is there any way of contacting his ex to see if she can shed any light? I really hate to think you are being conned here. However, I am a cynical so and so!:roll:

Good luck.

Best wishes,

Corn x:)

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Actually, having just re-read your post, has it occured to you that he might be doing all the crying and sob stories in the hope that you will stump up the £4k or £8K that he needs or even the money to buy out the ex? How was the figure calculated regarding the ex? Where did the £40K buy-out amount come from?

I also doubt very much that he would have been approved a loan with 4 months of mortgage arrears!

If he is lying this early in the relationship and money problems are already a major part of it, I really would run for the hills if it were me!

Best wishes,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

that is a good question, I believe the call he had was for the loan of £4k, just not sure though and yes you could be right but there is no way in anyway, shape or form or blackmail or sob story will I give out any money that I have earned for, worked for and just about to invest into another property to give to him. He can see I have a soft spot but I am not silly and can sense something doesnt seem right. Funny how he has prosponed the moving in to Sept as he knows I wont at all until this is resolved once and for all, we could be here all year at this rate!

You have a valid point. I will at the moment keep myself to myself, he does all the time enquire about what I am thinking, what I am doing when I am not around and if I am happy. At the moment I am keeping very quiet about a lot of things, particularly my finances and particularly about what I want now as in relationships as something isnt quite right but will keep on going.

its a rough ride but will peservere and not let him know what I am doing.

xx

that is a good question, I believe the call he had was for the loan of £4k, just not sure though and yes you could be right but there is no way in anyway, shape or form or blackmail or sob story will I give out any money that I have earned for, worked for and just about to invest into another property to give to him. He can see I have a soft spot but I am not silly and can sense something doesnt seem right. Funny how he has prosponed the moving in to Sept as he knows I wont at all until this is resolved once and for all, we could be here all year at this rate!

You have a valid point. I will at the moment keep myself to myself, he does all the time enquire about what I am thinking, what I am doing when I am not around and if I am happy. At the moment I am keeping very quiet about a lot of things, particularly my finances and particularly about what I want now as in relationships as something isnt quite right but will keep on going.

xx

Hello Bertie, I assume curiosity has got the better of you, as you appear to want to stay in the relationship but do ask yourself the following; if you are having to keep things back about yourself and your finances and he is lying about money already, do you really think it is worth pursuing in the long term? We could, of course, both be completely wrong but your gut instinct is telling you something and I would listen to it! Also, do you have proof that this ex-partner existed? Are you absolutely sure that the £40K was to buy somebody out? Are you sure there couldn't be gambling debts, or an addiction of some sort? I am starting to sound like Take A Break Magazine:D but something is very wrong here and six months isn't a very long time to get to know somebody, certainly not long enough to consider moving in together.

Glad you have your head screwed on, do keep the thread updated as I am very intrigued now!!! One of the mods might move it elsewhere though, as I think this is in the Welcome Forum and you may need to be somewhere else.

Best wishes,

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

You cant build a relationship without trust, apparently there is very little unfortunately:confused:

you have gut instincts and to be honest not even knowing your partner I have them too!!

You cant sort out his finances only he can, otherwise you are going to end up in the very same predicament he's in right now

Wishing you all the very best in this situation but.................... be careful ;)

honey x

Hi there, I think you're being very sensible, after all you haven't really known him very long, and much as you are fond of him you have quite rightly recognised things aren't what they seem where his finances are concerned.

Cornucopia is right in that you are forunate to have your own home and investment properties - perhaps he thinks you will bale him out? I'm being cynical too, but the possibility is there.

If he really wants you to move in with him, he should put his affairs in order first and you should take advice from a solicitor regarding protecting your property and interests before even considering sharing a home with him.

In the meantime, just enjoy his company - but stay in your own home until you know for definite that things are OK with his finances and your own investments are safe.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

many thanks everyone for coming back to me, my sensible head says stick to your guns and keep yourself to yourself re finances, yes I will be looking into a solicitor if I did decide to go down that route of moving in with him to protect my finances and the likes but believe you me this wont be happening until Sept time or until I hear from him things have gone through. I on the other hand wont be telling him about my new investment, this might be for me to move into until he sorts himself out. I feel its something I need to do otherwise i will be going backwards rather than forwards.

Its a tough call, and more days go by where I am getting stressed as I am starting up a new business, buying another property, my contract at work runs out in Sept time as I work for myself and now this to top it all off. I can handle him but I wont let him interfere with my passions this year. he needs to be very careful and that is why I have this pent up anger inside of me lately. Otherwise one is very happy....lol xx