Honours Student Loans - question re Direct Debit

loz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Letter from HSL:

Account no: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Balance: £xxxx

Payment due: £0-00

We have received notification from your bank advising us that they are recalling the latest Direct Debit payment. We will represent your Direct Debit for payment ten days from the date of this letter. Could you please ensure adequate funds are available.

Please note that your regular instalment of £29-35 is due on 25/03/08 monthly.

See the contradiction? My question is, can I legitimately ask for the DD to be reversed because they have asked for zero? I've done this once before but that letter did not have the contradictory £29-35 on it...

Have applied to defer again anyway but I'm not impressed with HSL, particularly the standard of their correspondence, and that money is fare more useful to me than to them.

Loz

I hate Alliance + Leicester

BT: No longer a customer :)

HSBC: £1222 refunded 28/5/06; Second claim of £737-24 refunded 9/11/06; PPI + interest on personal loan refunded 27/7/08

MBNA: £100 refunded on first claim of £112; £208 refunded on second claim for £108 24/9/07; PPI £256-28 refunded 8/4/08

NatWest: £1581-71 refunded 16/12/06; personal loan CCA agreement not provided

Ah that's my way of writing currency, I can't remember why I started using a dash instead of a decimal point but old habits...

The letter was dated 26th March which (accounting for the weekend) the DD will be taken today. I think I have grounds to ask my bank to reverse it, because the letter says the payment due is zero.

I hate Alliance + Leicester

BT: No longer a customer :)

HSBC: £1222 refunded 28/5/06; Second claim of £737-24 refunded 9/11/06; PPI + interest on personal loan refunded 27/7/08

MBNA: £100 refunded on first claim of £112; £208 refunded on second claim for £108 24/9/07; PPI £256-28 refunded 8/4/08

NatWest: £1581-71 refunded 16/12/06; personal loan CCA agreement not provided