• Tweets

• T911, Nick, thanks, I got there in the end! Without boring you with the details, it is precisely the most ridiculous cases that end up being lost - because the Cagger knows the other party's case is rubbish so doesn't do the necessary work on their own case. G24 are well aware of double dipping.  They have either done it deliberately or else have cameras which can't handle multiple visits to the car park which G24 happily leave malfunctioning so the £££££ keep rolling in. Sadly most people aren't like you.  I've just read various reviews for the Retail Park on TripAdvisor and Parkopedia.  Virtually all of them are complaining about these unfair charges for daring to spend time & money shopping in a shopping centre.  Yet no-one is refusing to pay.  They moan but think they have been fined and cough up. G24 are unlikely to do court, but it's not impossible with two tickets. Try to get evidence that you were elsewhere at these times. Often retail parks will intervene, but I've Googled & Googled and cannot find an e-mail address for the place.  Could the manager of one of your favourite shops give you a contact e-mail address for the company that run the retail park? Right at the moment I'm supposed to be teaching someone who runs two shops at the local shopping centre, but I'm not as he has had to go to a meeting with the company that runs the shopping centre, so I know for a fact that these business relationships exist!!!
    • Afternoon DX, The files were in date order. How would I put them into an acceptable format? I'm not that pc literate.  
    • I think you need to tell us what actually happened. Your original post gives the impression that you were taken to court for a speeding offence. But you go on to say that you received no paperwork. So you could not have been summonsed for a speeding offence because the police had no evidence that you (or anybody else) was driving (and it seems you were not anyway). You were probably summonsed (or more likely received a Single Justice Procedure Notice) for "failing to provide the driver's details." You would not normally be banned for this offence if you were convicted - it carries six points. So did you have any earlier points which meant you were liable to a "totting up" ban?  If you were originally convicted (as it seems you might have been) how was that conviction set aside? Did you perform a Statutory Declaration? There is simply too much missing for any meaningful help to be given. It seems as if there may have been an error by the DVLA but before you consider suing those idiots until the cows come home, you need to explain exactly what has happened.  
    • Point 4 and 10 duplicate Point 5 and 8 duplicate  Try to keep to one para with regards the agreement...various paras duplicating the same. Statement of truth is out of date refer to the claimants statement    
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

disability living allowance turned down for 5 year old son

mich7k
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been advised to look at claiming DLA for my son who has developmental delay, resulting behavioural problems and eczema. He's four and has a paediatrician, psychologist and speech therapist. We've recently had his assessment for special needs help for when he starts big school in September.

We haven't got a definite diagnosis for his issues, we've been given speculative labels of ASD(possibly) to ADHD(absolutely wrong IMO). Our paediatrician won't commit herself until she can be sure, so will just keep observing for another couple of years.

We've been blamed for his problems, having to deal with social workers questioning every aspect of our lives. It was supposed to be to get us more help but the only thing it got us was an extra wheely bin due to all the nappies!

We have attended parenting classes even though we've read many theories and books on child behaviour and strategies and had the psychologist show we are very thorough and committed to helping our child.

Some days are reasonable, some bad but all are exhausting. Due to not having any extended family available, its all on us.

My big push until September is trying to get him toilet trained for school. We've only been at this for years! But with the help of the child psychologist (since January), we've battled his "toilet phobia" so at least he will now sit on the loo but not do anything(he used to have screaming hysterics and wouldn't got in the bathroom- we think perhaps tiled, echoing room, noise sensitivity). Now just his food phobia, bathing phobia, etc to go!

This thread has been invaluable as after I read the DLA forms I didn't know if we were eligible (even though I get DLA myself). I'll talk to his paediatrician when I see her.

Its nice to hear that other parents have an "interesting" time with their children too. Good luck with your tribunal.

• Haha 1

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck - from my own tribunal experience- I sat, petrified with tears running down my face, and that was just in the waiting room!

We never made it in to the tribunal. The clerk came out and told us they had received a letter THAT DAY from the DWP saying that 2 weeks before they had changed there decision and we'd won. They just hadn't bothered to tell us or the welfare rights officer handling our appeal.

I hope your appeal is as successful (without the shaking and crying)!

Edited by emmaf01
spelling

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Mine also tears the wallpaper off the bedroom walls when he wakes up early- woodchip. And now the cat has brought in fleas.

Roll on September.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

I nearly bought a house rabbit yesterday, just because it was bigger (and blacker) than the cat. Then I remembered the chaos caused by just a cat and Michael and went back to buying out every flea product nd natural insect repellant in the pet shop.

He was a big bunny, almost a were-rabbit.

Anyway, how are the nerves and the hoovering!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Its alright, I've got three white bin bags of cuddly toys to wash- some of which were purchased by non-thinking relative, aren't washable and are going to have to disappear to the great toy shop in the sky. If they can't be washed they can't live here!

The only thing our cat has brought in was another cat- which he got the infestation from!

One of our previous cats brought in two living mice which she put down and they walked back out of the door- we were convinced she'd paid them to play along to make her look hard. She was incredibly dumb, but beautiful and we loved her!

We have two Dysons at present- a big one (with flea collar inside to kill any blighters that survive) and a posh hand held one- completely impractical as the charge only lasts for 6 minutes but can do the stairs/dropped cereal. You can tell it was a present, can't you (from the person with non-washable toys).

I'm off again to clear some woodchip- someone had a busy night.

• Haha 1

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

You've got enough on your plate at the moment, haven't you!

Maybe for the tribunal write down a typical day or week if you can manage it. And put down everything from bedroom carnage to interesting incidents while out- you get the picture. And all the maintenance work you have to do, hoovering, repairs, (like I had to re-put up the curtain rail in the bedroom today, pulled down for the twentieth time- I'll have no wall left to drill/screw into next time). It all helps, especially if you make it a bad day!

• Haha 1

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

I don't think I had anything from my GP and just a letter from my consultant (which she had "collaberated" with my welfare rights guy so it contained everything necessary- he sent it back twice until she got it right!).

Other than that, relax- if you think of something, carry a pad about and write it down. Then at least its out of your head. Sad but it works for me!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

You just need to go, get there on time and answer anything they ask you. You will be fine.

Can't wait to hear how it goes- don't feel bad if you come across as a stressed Mum doing her best in difficult circumstances! It all helps- cry buckets if necessary, saying you are desperate for the extra help which DLA could pay for.

Good luck- I can't think of anything else- give it your best shot!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

It is extremely stressful, but you won! And shouldn't you get extra child tax credit as well? That's a win in my book!

And it gets backdated to when you applied!

Hooray!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08