New Tactic by Abbey?

ayzi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just phoned Abbey and asked if they recieved my letter from 2 weeks ago concerning dpa requests. Got a no from the phone chimp so i cancelled my cheque as i didn't want them cashing it when i'm broke and charging me a fortune.

Looking at the Royal Mail site they state that the letter was delivered but there unable to provide an EPOD online.

Has anybody else had Abbey not cashing the cheque and denying reciept or is this a new tactic on there part?

I think it is probably more a case of the right and left hand syndrome :rolleyes: .

Either write another letter and hand deliver it to your branch or do a print of the section of the RM page which shows the tracking number and the fact that it was delivered and then copy that to the receipt that you wre given so that they can see the reference numbers match and give them another cheque.

If this is a deliberate tactic they had better be really carefull this could catch them out in a serious way.

Cheers

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Fob off now rec'd to the prelim

Copy of fob off now rec'd as response to LBA!

Full repayment of all charges since 1997 now received.

Account Closed

Donation made :)

Cheers for that Shanks.

Just requested a claim form from RM as there is no proof that it was delivered. I'll write another Data Protection Act request addressed to my towns bank and if that's ignored i'll estimate what they owe me.

On another note - if i have fallen behind with DD's because of cancellation due to high charges incurred, would i have any chance in re-couping these charges such as TV licence, water and catalogue?

Hi there, to my knowledge we are only able to claim back unfair charges made by the bank. If other agencies have made charges for non payment of dd then that would be an issue between you and them and one the banks would not be involved with.

I haven't seen this particular issue raised before on here so hopefully someone with more experience will be along soon to give you a more definate answer.

Cheers

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Fob off now rec'd to the prelim

Copy of fob off now rec'd as response to LBA!

Full repayment of all charges since 1997 now received.

Account Closed

Donation made :)

Got a letter today 2 days after i cancelled my cheque claiming that they would send the dpa request using my 10 pounds!

Looks like i'm going to have to start this process all over again after the 30th of July (when the dpa request would have run out) because of bad advice from the bank.

I will lay odds now on abbey charging me for a bounced cheque that i cancelled :(

I'm thinking of giving up as this is all becoming too much of a hassle.

the abbey bank manager? in dover told me "the news article about claiming bank charges was all bunkum, i contacted the oft and then consumer advice in kent, who told me otherwise and that i am able to try and claim money back from abbey, hsbc as well as capital one. -oh by the way i issued hsbc cheriton branch in kent with a lba last week. who cancelled my cards yesterday.:confused: bring it on.

hsbc

Claim served on 13-08-2006

full refund .19-08-2006,

23-08-06 cheque arrived £580-deal.:D

capital one .

Filed claim against 16-08-2006 for £340.

Capital one 02-09-06 offer £383 refund to account.deal:D

Abbey Data Protection Act 4-07-06

issued court claim for £189 16-10-06

waitng for allocation nov21-11-06:cool:

Pleae make a donation to site, when you win-- I DID

I called Abbey prior to finding this site to ask for copy statements. They said they'd take the £10 charge from my account and the statements would be sent out within 4 - 6 weeks.

Very quickly got a years worth of statements and then nothing. Phoned to chase and got told that the request had gone to archivers. Still nothing more received until the standard microfiche letter (see other posts) asking me for £10. Called to complain and checked my statements to find that they hadn't taken the £10 charge when originally instructed. Obviously a delaying tactic. Gave them a rocket as they tried to say the 6 weeks would start from now as they are very busy (wonder why) and the statements arrived about a week later.

Just one question - with my preliminary approach letter, do I list each individual charge and date or should I give totals?

Hi can everyone please start there own threads as you are hi-jacking this one , thanks :)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.