• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Welcome Financial Services Ltd... Car Trouble

VIOLATOR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my wife got finance for a car through welcome finance...recently due to my wife becoming a student we have found payment have been hard to make so my wife has missed a few...due to the constant phone calls from the local branch in derby my wife sent a letter (Letter A - Ask your creditors to hold action on your account) as she is at university most days it is hard to get in touch with her. after sending the letter (which stated due to be at university it would be better to communicate in writing) we received a phone call asking for my wife to phone them as a matter of urgency. after a few days of the call she phoned them, today, she was told by the man managing the account that they would not accept the account to be put on hold, when they said this my wife told them that she would send them a financial statement with a offer of £50 per month for 3 months ,to be reviewed after that time. She was told that they were not going to accept that and that if they did not receive a payment by Friday, close of business (this week) the account would be passed on to their collection agents who will then collect the car possibly next week and may also try to remove goods or get a detachment of earnings. just wondering what we can do as my wife needs a car to get to and from university on a daily basis... any help would be appreciated as time is running out :)

how long have you had the agreement

there comments of remove goods/attachment of earnings is hog wash, only a court can do that

the reason you are getting this flack is its near the end of the month and they are trying to reach targets

not sure of the length of the agreement possibly 5 years or so (my wife isn't here at the moment so i am unable to ask her)as within the time dealing with welcome my wife originally purchased a small car which for a family of 5 was rather unpractical...she then traded it in at a welcome approved garage and the agreement was changed after some time major problems started to occur with the car and after contacting welcome they agreed to allow another part exchange at another one of their garages at castle donnington we have possibly had this car fo a couple of years...

how long is the hp over

i believe if you have paid back a third only a court order can reposess the car, not welcome

i will be corrected if wrong, but i believe its right

like i said, its not personel, just that they are trying to make targets

if they do turn up to take the car, call the police, its unlawfull without a court order

• 3 weeks later...

My wife sent them a letter with an offer they refused then they transfered the account to tamworth regional office...the man there was extremely aggressive towards my wife when speaking to them on the phone...my wife then made a payment of £50 in the thought that they had excepted the £50 for 3 month offer...a few days after the payment my wife had to go in hospital for surgery...she came out a few days ago only to be greeted today with another phone call saying they wanted another £89 by the end of the month...my wife told them she was unable to pay it, she was then told that someone would be in contact on the 1st of April to collect the car...she has been in possession of the car for 3 and a half years years now... on checking her copy of the agreement there seems to be no customer number...agreement number or broker number detailed on the HP document...could this go against welcome?

Hi violator

In answer to your last question, I think you need to know what agreement they have got. Send them a letter and reuqest "a copy of the executed agreement and statement of account under s77(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974". remind them that the stautory period for their reply is 12 days and enclose the statutory fee of £1 as a postal order.

• 3 months later...

The car has been off the road for a month or so now, so it has been parked at the back of the house on a small resident car park. I just checked around the back this morning only to find the car has gone. Nobody has posted a letter saying the car has been taken, nobody has asked for the keys. To my knowlegde there was still some personal items in the car that have also been taken. i think that my wife had made payments of around £3.000 pounds on a car that was under £6.000 pounds (although the total payable amounted to around £10.000) just wondering what i can do now...if anything. any help would be greatful.

• 3 months later...

sorry to bump this but today my wife recieved another letter from welcome headed 'notice of sums of arrears' the letter states an opening balance of over £8,000+, and a shortfall of nearly £300 (obviously what they claim is behind in payments...).

The thing is we no longer have the car as they have already collected this without notice. When they 'collected' it, it was in the middle of the night and where the car was there where considerable scratches on the ground where they had obviously damaged the car getting it onto what we belive was a recovery truck.

From what we can see the amout they claimed owing is more than what we expected taking into account the amount my wife had payed previously, plus the cost of the car has not been removed from the amount owing.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what my wife can do now, the only income she gets is a student bursary.

any help as always is appreciated.

thank you :)

hi violator

do you mean to tell me they have taken the car with out a court order and you have paid back more than a third

HERE WE GO AGAIN

have a look at this link, boy did i make welcome pay

when will they ever learn

after you have read the thread, post back on your thread as to your intended actions and will gladly help

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/repossessions/150726-car-repossession-welcome.html?highlight=caz

Just a thought... you say the car was left in a private parking bay. Are you sure it wasn't repo'd by the council or someone else? In my experience finance companies want you there when they collect the car, and will invariably ask you for the keys and log book. Definitely check it out - if you take WF to court and it turns out they didn't take the car it WILL end up costing you LOADS...

hi gostdog

you dont know welcome or there recovery agents country wide

believe me

they will do any thing to get a repo

thats with out keys, log book etc

take it from me

i know

also, only a court can do an aoe, not welcome

All I'm saying is, before all you conspiracy theorists go charing off after the finance company (because, hey, it's always the finance company's fault. Credit crisis? Ozone layer? Blame welcome!) check out what might have happened to the car because if you take welcome to court and it turns out that they didn't take it you are gonna lose. Case closed.

i think this points scoring debate needs to come to an end

to end with

the council will notify the registered keeper that they have the vehicle in the pound

if they believe a vehicle is abandoned, same thing, they will give 2 weeks notice before removel

this is not helping the op and i respecfully request all comments are made with the op in mind

With the greatest respect, sir, I feel what i have to say is very relevant, and it is not for you to tell me to shut up.

By all means make an SAR, build a case, and if it turns out that WF have messed up, sue the pants off them.

But don't rely on this alone. While you are waiting 40 days for your stuff to arrive, if it turns out that they didn't take the car, well, that's 40 days wasted. The car was taken at night from a private car park. Collections agents are only allowed to operate "between sunrise and sunset" and are not allowed to enter private property without permission.

Basically, what i'm saying is check out other alternatives while you are going the finance company. Oh, and report the car as being stolen. If it was taken by the finance company, it will stop them from being able to do anything with it.