advantis/lewis group chasing Blackhorse loan

matty2303
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I asked for a CCA from Advantis for a debt they are chasing on behalf of the lewis group over a month ago,

i recieved a response today saying

"unfortunately we have been unsuccessful in contacting you by telephone please phone us so we can conclude this matter"

Obviously im not going to phone them but how now should i proceed and what response should i give them in writing

Try something like:

Thank you for your letter dated xxx regarding the formal request I made, pursuant to s.78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, for a copy of the credit agreement relating to the above acount, together with all other documentation as required by the Act. I do not discuss financial matters over the telephone. For the avoidance of doubt, all communication in this matter must be in writing. I will not, therefore, be telephoning as you suggest.

You are reminded that the Act requires you to produce a true copy of the credit agreement, and other required documentation, within 12 working days. You have failed to meet the statutory deadline, and are now in default. If you are unable to produce the required documentation, please confirm this in writing without further delay.

Yours etc.

• 4 weeks later...

sent the letter as mentioned by scarlet and

i have this morning received an identical responce as the first time

"unfortunately we have been unsuccessful in contacting you by telephone please phone us so we can conclude this matter" .

So where do i take this from now as it seems obvious they have no cca , but keep writing asking me to contact them thanks

This is a standard response - they want you to call so they can lie on the phone. Try something like this:

I refer to my letter of xxx and your reply dated xxx. It is disappointing to note that you have failed to respond to the points raised in my letter.

You will note that in my letter of xxx I stated that I do not discuss financial matters at the telephone, and that all communication should be in writing. For the avoidance of doubt, this means that you must respond to my correspondence in writing, and that I will not be contacting you by telephone. Whilst I hope that my position is now completely clear, please do not hesitate to write to me if you remain confused.

Your attention is drawn to the Office of Fair Trading Guidance on Debt Collection, which states that failing to provide details when a debt is queried or disputed is an unfair practice.

I now require you to either comply fully and properly with my formal request pursuant to s.77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, or to confirm in writing that you are unable to do so, in which case I require you to also refund the £1.00 fee.

• 4 weeks later...

recieve a letter from them this morning with a copy of this , is this correct and enfocable ,

they also sent with it a copy of someone elses loan agreement for a car that has nothing to do with me talk about sloppy

Untitled-1.jpg

my.php?image=16789580ya4.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg