G E money quick full and final letter

downbutnotout
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all.

I am claiming charges back from G E money (Miss selfridge) on behalf of my daughter. I sent the S A R request at the begining of November and received most of the copy statements back just before xmas.I say most because they could not produce a 1/3 of them due to system failures.Anyhow I worked out that she was charged over 400 pounds in late payment charges etc.and sent of the letter asking for the charges to be returned.A reply was received stating the usual OFT ruling and that as a goodwill gesture they would credit 78 pounds back to the account as a proportion of charges that exceeded the 12 pounds OFT ruling. No refund of interest charges would be given and this was a full and final settlement of the matter.

Can anybody help me with the next step please?

The next step is to send an LBA - their answer is absolutely standard and means absolutely nothing. In the LBA give them 14 days, and after that, file a court claim. Make sure you include any charges that have been added in teh meantime. GE Money roll over fairly easily.