One thing seems to lead to another! Have I been mis sold PPI'S too?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I originally stated looking at these forums to get advice about an insurance problem, and support for re-claiming bank charges... however, the more I look, the more I wonder if there isn't far more I can do to straighten our my finances!!!

A bit of back ground. I have been self employed for 18 years, however I occasionally have short periods of being employed. And this is where it might get confusing. So my question is, is it possible to request documentation relating to PPI's from financial institutions in the same way you can request information about charges and credit agreements?

In order to decide whether I can reclaim I am going to need to see what was sold to me when...

How does one set about finding out about the PPI one was sold from Financial Institutions? And to whom does one apply?

I have just repaid a car loan to Direct Auto Finances, and my hunch would be it had a BIG PPI, and I am pretty sure I was completely self employed (which is one of the reasons I had to use them!) but how do I find out for sure if I no longer have the original documentation? Lloyds TSB credit card the same....

Thanks in advance

Hi redlizzie.

You need to send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) requesting a detailed breakdown of your account.

Highten the need for your insurance details.

Its my guess they wont give it willingly, so be prepared for a fight.

HERE IS A link for the SAR

And here is Some good reading for PPI

Good luck

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Thanks for that. Just a quick question....

The credit card is with Lloyds TSB, and I am going to be setting in motion a bank charge claim on both my current account, and any other account I can.(I have had 3 business accounts with them all together in the last 6 years) Can I send just one SAR for ALL my accounts with Lloyds including the credit card account, or do I have to send separate ones? (and more importantly several £10's!!)

One business account was actually a Ltd Co, but I was a guarantor, and am left liable for £2,500 of that overdraft. The company no longer exists. Does this make a difference?

One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) is sufficient for each provider.

Opinions differ, but my personal opinion is that it is "well worth" spending £10 on each account, therefore keeping them all separate.

As you get further down your claim, different obstacles effect different claims.

I would never trust one department to rely on the other for info.

Your Choice of course.

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.