Sainsburys/Cabot - Default and Data Protection

100mel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a long running credit card saga with Sainsbury's - at various times I asked them to supply signed and executed copy of proper agreement (what I got was an illegible copy of an Application Form). The account was defaulted in 2004 on Experian without my knowledge and despite all the requests in writing no copy of the default notice has ever been forthcoming. Now after offering them a full payment on the account but only on the proviso that the default is removed and account marked as satisfied, they decided not to respond and have now sold the debt to the infamous Cabot - I've just CCA'd them but my questions here are around the default and data issue? Can I issue a court claim to get the default removed? If so should this be against Sainsbury's as the originators of the default or should I be issuing one against Cabot, in time too? Regarding data protection, should I be placing statutory notices upon both companies to stop processing my data?

Maybe someone can clarify my confusion

Mel

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean by "sold the debt"? Have you received confirmation of the type of assignment to Cabot, as that will have a bearing on how you approach this.

IMO, it's no harm in sending the Surleybonds letter to both companies anyway;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/24013-defaults-proposed-method-removal.html