I'm ready to take you on Nationwide!!

lisa lash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, have finally got the hang of this thread thingy business at last! DPA letter to be sent once new account sorted, have three years bank statements which amount to just over two grand, so will be interesting to see the grand total that Nationwide have robbed off me. Thanks to this site I now have the courage to take them on, and yes a donation will definately be on its way. Was just wondering if it is over 5g what do I do then?

I'd get your DPA sent now - it takes them up to 40 days to reply to that, then you'll have all the other stages to go through before they would contemplate closing your account.

If it is over 5k you would probably be best to split it down as it is a different ball game after that.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Ok Dolly will send off in the morning, thanks. Suppose special delivery would be wise?? I'm a wee bit overdrawn at the mo, if they ask for this back shall I just tell them to knock it off what they owe me? LOL :D

Send your DPA request recorded delivery (don't forget the £10) or take it to a branch and get them to sign a receipt to say they have got it.

As for the overdraft, when you win ( :) ) they will more than likely credit it to your account anyway so it will be deducted from that.

• Confused 1

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Cheers Dolly, will be down the post office at 9am on the dot! Was bit worried about the overdraft as I seem to live in it these days, shouldn't be as it's a fraction to what they owe me! Bring it on! :p

Data Protection Act letter sent off recorded delivery first thing yesterday morning, so here goes, 40 days and counting! Gotta admit felt very nervous, but thanks to this site I know it'll be ok in the long run. :)

[Data Protection Act letter sent 29th June 2006]

[statements on way letter received 7th july 2006]

Some things are just worth waiting for! (Like a few grand back off Nationwide for instance!) LOL :D Gather it can all happen pretty quickly after that, hope so coz the money is very much needed!

Have opened up the step account with Natwest and in the process of opening the cashminder account with co-op aswell. Thank god they don't care bout my credit rating, it's soooo bad, thought I'd never get another account. Thanks to all the advice on this site, I am now covered should Nationwide close my account down. Once the statements arrive that's when I'm gonna really need your help!! Good luck to everyone doing this, hope I'm not the only one feeling petrified!:shock:

LL

Hello everyone :) received letter from nationwide this morning, thanking me for my request for statements and to say that they are on their way. They wont be thanking me and sending polite letters out once I demand my money back! LOL:D