Changing the names of their Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a letter containg leaflets (x4) from the Clydesdale Bank to tell me they have given new names to the charges that are being challenged in court.

What used to "Unauthorised Overdraft Charge" has now been renamed to "Unplanned Borrowing Fee". The other charges like refused direct debit and charges for bounced cheques have been renamed in a similar way.

Am I nuts when I think it seems like they are positioning themselves for a defence in court next year, claiming the Penalty Charges are Service Fees. Surely they don't believe changing the names will make any difference?

Have any other banks done this yet?

Let us know please.

If they do believe it, they either know the judge, or are clutching at straws.

Any judge worth his salt would see straight though it; it's known as "cloaking a penalty".

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

The fact their doing it is a sure sign of panic. They never changed the amount of the charges though. Roll on the court case.

Mr McKenzie won't be involved. He's too lowly for that. Stuff him.

;) ER whatever they say and do now will never alter the Fact, that the bod who spoke at the Bank of Austrialia`s meeting STATED that:

Because of they had to return so many PENALTY charges their profits were down. I think he did them up like flipping kippers, good on yer mate me old cobbler. :p