Parking Ticket At Station From Private Co

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I Have Just Been Issued With A Pcn In Post For Alleged Parking At Ealing Broadway Station Siting The Alleged Contravention As "stopping Or Waiting On Private Land Where Stopping Or Waiting Restrictions Are In Force" The Pcn Has A Picture Of My Car In A Bay Where I Stopped To Drop Off My Passenger (you Can See My Brake Lights In The Picture).the Notice Has Been Served On 12/11/07 For Incident On 07/10/07 @19.19 Asking To Pay £60 Within The Period Of 14 Days Or Else It Will Go Up To £160. How Do I Stand On This One? The Ticket Was Issued By Park Direct Ltd. Thanks In Advance... :)

There seems to be a lot of anger over the cameras introduced at the Station...

Phil Taylor » Blog Archive » Ealing Broadway drop off issue goes large

225 000 A Fine Profit (from Ealing Times)

icEaling - CCTV 'spycam' angers drivers

What isn't clear is whether this is a Private Parking ticket or whether Park Direct are acting on behalf of the Council under the RTA.

If you are able to scan and post the ticket (edit out any personal information first) then more responses will be forthcoming. If you can't scan it then reproduce in writing exactly what the ticket states.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

PCN NUMBER EA650

CONTRAVENTION DATE 07/10/2007

REG NO----------

Notice Served Date 12/11/2007

park direct believes that a penalty charge is payable with respect to the above vehicle for the following alleaged contravention:

stopping or waiting on private land where stopping or waiting restrictions are in force.

liability lies with you the owner-do not pass this notice to the driver.

on 07/10/2007 you were the registered owner/keeper of the motor vehicle reg no--- whenthe vehicle was believed to be stopping or waiting at ealing broadway station w5 at 19:19

by parking attendant EP1 which resulted in the issue of the PCN number EA650

the penalty charge has not been paid

a penalty charge of £160 is now payable and must be paid before end of 28 days begining with the date this notice is served. If the penalty icharge is paid before the end of the period 14 days, begining with the date of this notice is served, a reduced penalty charge of £60 will be accepted as a full & final settlement. failure to pay the amount of £160 may result in a county court order against the registered keeper and a warrant issued for the recovery of of the debt by bailiffs. If the penalty charge is not paid within 28 days, the registered keeper or the person who Park direct believes to be the owner of the vehicle, will receive a "Notice to Owner" setting out details of a proposed action to be commenced in a county court.

A little delving confirms that this is a Private Parking company designing their invoices to look like PCNs issued under the Road Traffic Act. It would seem that as they are acting under the instruction of Ealing Council they believe that they can ride roughshod over legal technicalities. There is a similar case on Pepipoo - does your ticket look like this ?

With that in mind, go back to Post No 2 and do as Spamheed suggests and read the excellent advice on Private Parking tickets and you will soon have enough information to deal with this. They will not leave you alone, but the simple fact is that you have broken no law, and are merely being asked to part with a sum of money for having not seen a sign. Their case relies on you having agreed to a contract whereby you agree that dropping off a passenger will cost you a large sum of money. If the signage is inadequate or you were not aware of the terms then no contract can have been formed. The statement that the liability is with the owner - do not pass to the driver is also absolute crap, as any alleged contract can only have been formed with the driver if that person differs from the owner of the vehicle!

Park Direct are trying to portray themselves as having a a legal authority which they do not possess in talking of Penalties, Notices to Owner etc.

Be strong!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!