Can anyone think of an explanation?

blazing-badger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all,

I am being chased by a utility company for an unpaid bill from a property I lived in a couple of years ago. I don't dispute that I owe them something, however they have never sent me a closing bill and I believe the sum they are claiming is incorrect. I have asked for a correct bill but they have ignored my letters and just kept threatening me with Court. Finally a few weeks ago they started proceedings against me. However they have misspelled my name, and in the meantime I have moved again.

I have entered a Defence and told the Court of my correct name and address. I have also given the Claimant this information.

This morning I received an Allocation Questionnaire from the Court and notice that the case is being transferred to my local court - all issued to my correct name and address. However, in the same post I received an envelope from the Claimant containing a Judgment by Default allegedly made by the Court - in my old name and address. What's more, the Court stamp is not right, the typeface is different, and round the edges you can see the marks where the original image has been scanned before being overtyped.

All in all, it doesn't look a bit like it came from the Court.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks

B-B

Phone up the court and ask them. If it wasn't actually produced by the court, report the matter as possible contempt of court.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

I have heared of DCA's occasionally "simulating" court documents. Nothing as blatant as this, however. If it can be proved, they are in very serious trouble.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.