Dan v C L Finance ?!

dan-rides-bikes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

right,

this debt is still being paid off via a accepted payment via a CCJ and i have already started a moneyclaim against GE Money

i got a credit report the other day and spotted a company i didnt think i had a debt with

i wasnt very organised when i aquired the ccj for this debt BUT i do still have the forms sent to me from court

i assumed i was paying GE Money the CCJ - im not im paying a company called CL Finance

here is a screenshot of the GE Money (Topman) entry on my credit record

ge.jpg

and here is the C L Finance

clfinance.jpg

i recieved a Topman statement on 23rd January 2006

the claim form from the court was issued on 27th February

and i recieved a letter from Howard Cohen & Co on 20th March

my point is, ive never recieved anything saying my debt was sold on, nor have i ever recieved a default from CL Finance, the first contact it appears they made was when i recieved claim forms,

GE Money, C L Finance and Howard Cohen all seem to be linked as stated

http://www.payplan.com/debt-library/miscellaneous.php

now i know this is partly my fault but when your struggling with debt some stuff is hard work :(

better frame of mind now and a lot more savvy thanks to this site

so should i be asking C L Finance for copies of credit agreements and defaults ?

and i assume i should continue paying my CCJ ?

Halifax Credit Card - £408.16 - Settled in FULL 26/6/06

Halifax Loans - £397.97 - Settled in FULL 25/8/06

GE Money Topman £216.75 - SETTLED IN FULL

Marbles LBA - £475.00 - £250 Offered :rolleyes:

Halifax Current Account LBA - SETTLED IN FULL

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Capital One - LBA - £88 Knocked of Balance

Egg PPI - LBA

• 2 years later...

Hello Dan,

I would suggest maintaining your CCJ payments and in the meantime, send either the Subject Access Request or CCA Request. Until such time as they default on providing your agreement, maintain your CCJ payments and only after taking further advice consider disputing it further.

Good luck.

-

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, my comments are based on information learnt or

obtained and from my own experiences.

-

Case 1 - C L Finance - Court Case 'Stayed' :-). Stay Lifted - N149 AQ Received & Filed. Case Struck Out :grin:

-

Case 2 - C L Finance - Defence Filed. N150 AQ Received & Filed. Case 'Settled by Consent' :)

-

Case 3 - EOS Solutions - No Agreement - Account Closed ~£3500. :grin:

-

Advice & opinions offered freely but informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment and seek advice from a qualified and insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 1 year later...

CL finance, Welcome Finance and Howard Cohen with Lewis Group GE Money all the same people.

they are struggling at the moment so they are jumping on anyone they can. They have no money staff with no qualifications just chasing for your money.

stick with CCJ they can't touch you.

There are no solicitors on site.