Unsatisfied Defaults

angelic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just been looking thru my credit report from credit expert.

I posted on here a year ago or so to get advice on an HFC loan - the debt management company said that HFC wanted the debt back (I had been paying £50 a month off the debt to scotcall).

HFC never got in contact with me and I assumed the debt had been written off as I haven't moved house and they had my details.

2 years down the line I'm looking at my credit report. The debt was defaulted in 2003. It is showing with a balance of £2400 therefore not written off. The file was last updated this month tho!

If a default is satisifed or unsatisfied I understand that they drop off your credit record after 6 years.

However, if the file is still being updated monthly (however they do this) will the drop off date be 6 years after the default date or the last date the file was updated?

After christmas I will contact HFC asking why they haven't chased the debt up for 2 years and will ask that the 24 payment of £50 be reduced from the outstanding balance as this is plain ridiculous!

I look forward to any answers/comments from you!

Kindest of Regards

The default should drop off after 6 years - if they keep updating the file, it should only show payments for one year.

When it's time for it to drop off, check then to see if it's actually dropped off.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Bit concerning though that the payments you made did not come off the balance.

Same thing happened when I made a few payments to Intrum Justicia for a Natwest credit card...

The credit entry was updated in January of this year, yet the balance stayed the same as it was when I first defaulted 3 or 4 years ago. :mad:

IJ couldn't produce the CCA so I'll be fighting tooth and nail to get the default removed

Best of luck angelic :)

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p