Nationwide has threaten to close my account if make any more claim

tenkorangcharles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, I need your help. thanks to all the helpers on here I have managed to claim all my bank charges nationwide owe me but after claiming all the bank charges from me.

They send me a letter to sign to say in future they will not refund any charges and if I should make any further claim after my last claim they will close my account.

They gave me option has they also told me that if I dont sign the agreement and return it to them, they will close my account.

I dont no what to do so I sign it and return it to them.

But since 12/2006 till 10/2007 I hav had upto £420 bank charges. these charges are main charges that are made up of the bank own charges after charges. they first charges was £60 for 2 return direct debit but most of the time when they take this money from my account I dont have money to cover it so I end up having another charges after charges.

Right now Im in financial difficult as I dont even have a job.

I dont no what to do can someone please help me on what to do if I should claim this money or leave it.

Hi Tenk,

If they are threatening to close your account if you make a further claim, this is a blatant breach of the waiver conditions. We are currently gathering evidence of breach of the waiver conditions to forward to the FSA for consideration when reviewing whether or not to lift the waiver. If you could e-mail some brief details to admin@consumeractiongroup.co.uk and leave a contact number if you would like to help us.

Best of luck and do accept the money and open an account elsewhere.

Zoot :)

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is quite a late reply to this post, but NW said much the same to me - but i ignored their letter and went ahead with the claim anyway - now i am awaiting the result of the OFT test case having started my second claim about 6 months ago!

:| worried and stressed:|

Nationwide! Here i come, could be alot of money they might have to pay me back:eek:

Data request letter sent 04/06/06 via Hull Branch Nationwide.

Hull financial consultant called ME to help 04/06/06

:smile:Refunded £1200, 19/07/06, still going for the rest of it though!

LBA posted 22/09/06 claiming £2720!

D`oh! - put wrong amount in LBA - short by £1000!

Finally got the money to go to court 09/03/07

Acknowledged 13/03/07

No reply, so judgement issued 29 days after acknowledgment 14/04/07

DEFENCE FILED ??!! 09/03/07

FULLY PAID UP 17/04/07

Second Prelim sent 20/04/07

Second LBA sent 01/05/07

MCOL acknowledged

County court letter saying PAID UP 20/06/07 - although this wasnt the claimed amount, so i disputed it.

Still awaiting court date/decision due to OFT case.