O2 - Exclusive iPhone Tariffs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5922 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, so on the O2 website there is a page detailing the iPhone tariffs:

Mobiles & Tariffs - O2

I don't want an iPhone, I'm very happy with my Xda with it's built-in GPS, which the iPhone doesn't have, but I do want that tariff with the unlimited data.

The section is called "Exclusive iPhone Tariffs" so I take it that O2 won't be offering this tariff scheme to customers with other phones. If this is the case, surely they have to allow customers to choose between ANY of their tariffs and not just ones that are designed for certain phones.

IAn

Capital One - Charges

PAID OUT IN FULL WITH 8% INT

HSBC - Charges

PAID OUT IN FULL WITH 8% INT

Unfair Dismissal

PAID OUT FULL COMPENSATION

NCP PAD Parking 'Fine'

FULLY CANCELLED

No - in much the same way they can decide to remove a tariff from their current portfolio and not allow you to sign up to it (despite existing users being unaffected). It's their ball etc etc.

I certainly feel the iPhone is both overpriced and old technology with a few tweaks. Add to the fact that since O2 are having to pay 10% of all money collected from the user to Apple, ongoing charges will - in comparison to non-Apple product - will be considerably better value.

• 4 months later...

I completly agree with the over priced!! well said, i got my iphone for a present, (birthday being on xmas day) :) and was quite impressed with what it has and the tarrifs etc, only thing thats really anoying me just now is all these 3rd party manufacturers promoting iphone products that arent compatable with the iphone but compatable with all ipods nano etc. Eg i bought an iphone gift pack from a company called solware - ebay only for the speakers as i wanted wee speakers for my bedroom, already have a bose system in the living room :) and only ipods nanos etc work on them... i also bough iphone headphones... they dont work either, only on ipods nanos etc even the new sunbeds where you can plug in ipods now while you bake.. they dont work with iphones!!! its sooo anoying!! for an expencive product u would have thought it would work!? its a different headphone connection than ipods nanos etc... WHY?? to make life more difficult?? or just so that you can only buy apple products for it!? not fair in my eyes i have spent a fortune on false advertising iphone products!!!! Grrrr anyone else had this problem xx

Thanx for your help again,

Caroline x:p x

Just an update - O2, no doubt alarmed at the poor sales have revised their original iPhone tariff, it still is the same price, but the inclusive bundle has been greatly improved. In a welcome but unusual move, not only do new sign-ups get the new tariff, but those ALREADY on it, will be switched over at their next billing date. Now there's a surprise!

• Haha 1

I don't want an iPhone, I'm very happy with my Xda with it's built-in GPS, which the iPhone doesn't have, but I do want that tariff with the unlimited data.

Simple solution, give customer services a call and tell them you want to upgrade your current tariff to the new Q1 08 tariff with unlimited data as your foc bolt on for the remainder of your contract term. To get this bolton foc you need to be on an existing 18/24 month contract and pay £35 pm or more, otherwise its £7.50 pm

£35 pm will give you 600 mins, 1000 texts and the foc bolt on can be any one of the following:

unlimited 02 to o2 calls, unlimited data, unlimited texts, unlimited weekend calls, unlimited fixed landline calls or 200 extra mins.

If CS try and be awkward about this remind them of the T&C which state you can upgrade the tariff at any time but cannot downgrade until after month 9, and if your are outside your contract term tell them you want to cancel which will then get you through to retentions where they would be more than happy to do this for you.;);)

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

If you find the advice useful please click on my scales.

600/500 is the retail store (and 3rd party) tariff. If you want the 1000 txt on the q1 08 tariff you'll need to speak to CS or better still retentions threatening to cancel (even if you are within your contract term) on the basis that new customers get a better deal online.

Apart from advising you of any applicable term fee (in contract) retentions will more than happily change your tariff to the q1 08 £35 online, keeps our conversion rate up.

Buzby - the iphone tariffs are still a load of pants unless you are going to be a heavy data user and download through the handset, but as the iphone is not a 3g device any downloading will take forever. This is one of the reasons why I won't actively promote the iphone.

The advice I give in relation to benefits should be viewed as general advice and not specific to your individual claim circumstances. I cannot give specific advice on your claim as I cannot access the claim.

600/500 is the retail store (and 3rd party) tariff. If you want the 1000 txt on the q1 08 tariff you'll need to speak to CS or better still retentions threatening to cancel (even if you are within your contract term) on the basis that new customers get a better deal online.

Apart from advising you of any applicable term fee (in contract) retentions will more than happily change your tariff to the q1 08 £35 online, keeps our conversion rate up.

How exactly do i do that?? x

Thanx for your help again,

Caroline x:p x

Phone o2 from your handset on 202 (free) and choose the option for leaving

Buzby - the iphone tariffs are still a load of pants unless you are going to be a heavy data user and download through the handset, but as the iphone is not a 3g device any downloading will take forever. This is one of the reasons why I won't actively promote the iphone.

Well in fairness to O2, it was a bigger load of old pants prior to the tariff 'revision'. However I agree that iPhone is style over substance, and I'm delighted you're not fooled by it, as clearly some of your retail brethren are...

Buzby

When the original iphone tariffs were briefed out before the launch I nearly fell off my chair laughing at how carp they were in terms of value for money and told my manager that there would be no way I'd sell one to a customer especially as retentions cannot discount the price of the handset, discount the tariff or offset the cost in any shape or form as a save deal.

I cannot justify the £269 upfront cost for the 8gb version or £329 for the 16gb version, nor can I justify the £630 a customer would pay in tariff costs over 18 months on top of the purchase price. The iphone is overrated and there are much better handsets you can get foc with standard tariffs.