How to deal with Swift Advances....

Caz72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mine is similar Cvsc. Some time ago I posted the contact Sam Bragg at the OFT which helps keep complaints focused. An FOS contact name would be helpful.

Unfortunately due to the processing structure of the FOS even if i was able to give you my case workers email she would not be able to assist anyone as they have to be assigned your particular case in order to recover the facts and advise accordingly. That said tho, complaints logged regarding anything other than PPi get dealt by seperate departments within Fos so tend to get dealt with much more quickly than PPi complaints.

the FOS are struggling to cope at the moment and have had to take on more staff. My complaint has been with them for a year now which suits Swift fine as they are still charging interest every month, my bill has gone up £1200 in the last year since the FOS were handed the complaint. The funny thing is the FOS said Swift would be very unlikely to charge interest while it was being looked at, you would have thought they would have known the company better by now.

the FOS are struggling to cope at the moment and have had to take on more staff. My complaint has been with them for a year now which suits Swift fine as they are still charging interest every month, my bill has gone up £1200 in the last year since the FOS were handed the complaint. The funny thing is the FOS said Swift would be very unlikely to charge interest while it was being looked at, you would have thought they would have known the company better by now.

John, It is my understanding following a recent press release that the Fos have taken on hundreds of new staff for the PPI section only and does not affect complaints to other departments and other subjects.

When you say your complaint has been with the Fos for a year, do you mean you have not been assigned a case worker yet or adjudicator?

the letter they sent to me last week said they were sorry for the time being taken but they had a massive workload. I was assigned a caseworker last March, it was then passed to an adjudicator last November for their final judgement. I am 90% certain they will find in favour of swift as they usually do.

the letter they sent to me last week said they were sorry for the time being taken but they had a massive workload. I was assigned a caseworker last March, it was then passed to an adjudicator last November for their final judgement. I am 90% certain they will find in favour of swift as they usually do.

John, Final judgement can only be given be an Ombudsman, the adjudicator may find that there is no complaint to be had, however you are then given an opportunity for the adjudicator to look again at your complaint, especially if there is new evidence or information to be added.Whilst an adjudicator can recommend that a firm takes action they cannot enforce it, only an actual ombudsman can do this hence why my complaint took this exact route and the adjudicator found that the charges were unfair and excessive but swift refused to comply with there request to refund so the case is now with the ombudsman for review and possible enforcement.Remember an Ombudsman is an actual person who can enforce the law against a financial institution.