Debt_Mountain vs Nationwide

debt_mountain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

LBA sent earlier this week with spreadsheet of charges excluding the interest column.

Just started to complete the N1 as I will obviously need it as they always go to this stage.

Can someone tell me the fee for court? I will be posting it to the local court in Swindon as I am in Scotland. The amount is £4500 for the charges, interest is a wopping £1200 as it goes way back to 2000. Is the fee £250 as it is over the £5000.

At the end of page 1 (bottom right) of the N1 there is a box asking

amount claimed, court fee, solicitors cost,total amount. In the amount claimed do I put the £4500 or inc interest £5700 ?

Only got to wait a couple of weeks now. Payout will be middle of next month if all goes to plan.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

I believe the fee is £250.

Total box is including interest.

Keep us updated :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Thanks Dolly,

got the 2nd bogoff letter tonight. The so sorry but feel free to take your banking elsewhere.

found this site to be useful Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home

Phoned the nearest English County Court to Scotland and it is Morpeth. Berwicks is a Magistrates court. Very helpful young chap. He said you can raise the claim in any English court and if the defendant wants he can request it be moved, so I ain't going for the Swindon one now.

I have severed my charges (by account number) so this is the first of 2 claims, I am going to try it through the samll claims the first one (£4500), then as it will be the Nationwide's money I am using for further one(s) I will try a fast track for the remainder (approx £8000).

Can't wait. tick tock, tick tock.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck Debt Mountain! ;)

I haven't received a response to my prelim letter or my LBA so far - will file when I get paid.

Barclays

Settled in full 13/09/06 after LBA (£115.00):D

Nationwide

LBA sent 13/09/06 - Response 04/10/06.

Moneyclaim submitted 04/10/06.

Won (settled in full) 19/10/06. (£748.00):D

Halifax

S.A.R sent 05/10/06.

Prelim sent 14/11/06.

LBA sent 28/11/06.

Offer rejection sent 30/11/06.

GE Capital

S.A.R sent 25/10/06 on behalf of sister.

Incomplete statements sent.

Barclaycard

Prelim letter sent 30/11/06

Barclaycard agree to pay difference between charges and 12 pound OFT charge suggestion. Accepted £64.00 06/12/06.

Just phones Mrs Debt Mountain and gave her the great news.....she agreed to my idea of having a week in Tenerife in January on Nationwide (I know it was actually my cash but its more fun having it on the bank.

Well it is back to business as I am now going to start part 2 and go for contractual compound interest at 24.9% the current unauthorised od rate... I think. Still have some reading to do but plan on going the hole hog this time.

any views on setting the contractual limit?

thanks to all for the info and support.

I am so chuffed and they seamed to refund very quickly...never even got a reply from the court before the cash was in the account.

Well done! :D

Barclays

Settled in full 13/09/06 after LBA (£115.00):D

Nationwide

LBA sent 13/09/06 - Response 04/10/06.

Moneyclaim submitted 04/10/06.

Won (settled in full) 19/10/06. (£748.00):D

Halifax

S.A.R sent 05/10/06.

Prelim sent 14/11/06.

LBA sent 28/11/06.

Offer rejection sent 30/11/06.

GE Capital

S.A.R sent 25/10/06 on behalf of sister.

Incomplete statements sent.

Barclaycard

Prelim letter sent 30/11/06

Barclaycard agree to pay difference between charges and 12 pound OFT charge suggestion. Accepted £64.00 06/12/06.

Wow Debt Mountain - well done enjoy spending YOUR money - I'm currently going for contractual compounded interest (24.9%) and I'm studying this whole site to get my wording correct on the court papers - I've still got to wait 6 days before I can start the legal process

mmmm...Tenerife in January....sounds like a great idea

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Looking for some advice here.

I have received all but a few hundred of my claim, I have informed the court and Charles (Mr Bacon) I have received part payment but am still awaiting the remainder before I inform the court that the claim is settled.

My question is, can I start my next claim against them knowing that Nationwide will pay the balance in the next few days (week max) or am I just being impatient?

Don't want to jeopordize my next claim for the sake of a few days?

I suppose I have just answered my own question, but what do youz think.

DM

Wow they paid out quickly!!!!!!

Mines were served on 29th too, me gonna check my balance!!

***Nationwide***

Data Protection Sent 05/08/06

Statements received 17/08/06

Prelim Sent Rec Delivery £1231.50 18/08/06

LBA Sent 11/09/06 Rec Delivery

N1 Issued 28/09/2006 for £1561.80 inc Interst

Date of Service 30/09/2006

***WON*** NATIONWIDE PAID 12/10/06

update

final amount now on its way...final payment received today (hopefully)

what I did was

7:45am Sent my "thanks for the part payment ....so you in court" email first thing to Mr Bacon so don't know if that helped. But I just asked and no questions were asked.

10:30am I phoned the number on the letter saying they had short paid me (01793 712603) and was put through to another department. Very polite and helpful people.

They said that the shortfall would be put into my account today...

They implied there was also a letter in the post about the additional missing funds as if it had been processed prior to my intervention today.

Cooool.

Second claim can now commence....request sent recorded today so I can close off case 1 today and case 2 starts when they get the prelim request tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

:) Well I am smiling at the moment because I have finally received my subject access request which I sent off for almost four weeks ago. I had my strategy, but as time has lapsed I now find I am having to go over everything I need to do. So I have highlighted all charges over six years. Have written prelim letter but now I have to complete a schedule of charges right? I see there are two versions on excel on this site, is the more complex one the best? Do I have to state when I was charged and when the acual money was take from my account? Can anyone please advise. By the way its great to read all the success stories...well done all.

Thanks to anyone who's listening in...:?