Wont accept final settlement offer - NDR and others

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help - I am new to the forum so hi to you all.

I am trying to find out if I am being lied to.

Long story - wont bore you with details, But I am in debt to Littlewoods Catalogue for £2647. It is one of a number of debts I am trying to settle. I have managed to raise a pot of money to try to offer final settlements to each creditor but it is not enough to pay debts in full. I used the letter that was shown in one of the threads to offer final settlements to each one.

Barclays Bank - no problem - accepted offer

Natwest wont budge they want the full amount

Cahoot wont budge also threatening to pass debt to DCA

NDR ignored my offer then when I phoned them they said that because the debt is for a catalogue and there is no interest added (like with credits cards etc) that they cannot lower the amount owed. Is this true or are they just trying to pull a fast one.

I have explained that the reason I want to settle all debts now is that I have been diagnosed with MS and I do not know how many years of work I will be able to do before I have to give up or take a lower paid/parttime job and then they will be very unlikely to get the rest of it paid any way. Better to settle for a lump sum now I thought.

To add insult to injury I have just been turned down for DLA too even though I have difficulty walking properly and even more trouble with trying to walk any kind of distance. But that is a whole different issue.

I just feel there is too much to handle at the moment and I want to simplify my life!!

Grateful for any advice or info.

:???: