FSA To Review Waiver

crfx250
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Order Order let the man speak. I like it MacBoy, the image is very formal and reassuring.:D

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, some |MP's will take the banks side, but not all.

As to the MP's reply it is clear he's not in possession of the full facts on this issue.

The poor man was probably rushed off his feet play croquet with his fiends.

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

I suggest the template letter, be further refined.

It should be a little more forceful, something to the effect

I am a constituant in XZY and have voted for xyz... I consider this issue very strongly as do many of my friends and family.

In other words do something (other than playing croquet) or you lose my vote!

Thumbs up to Martin - pitty he couldn't get more in, he did try though:D

Well done Chrisieo

Come on people keep complaining to the FSA, MP's FOS and the OFT. If you have already complained, job well done, but if all who have already complained try and get at least one other person to do the same and so on and so on, we'll really get this ball rolling.

Just been digging around to see what other MPs have been saying on the subject of charges - they support the cause, so I might write and find out their views on the latest from the FSAs decision to suspend consumers rights over this matter.

http://www.libdems.org.uk/economy/house-of-commons-westminster-hall-bank-penalty-charges.6289.html

Beat the Bank Robbers - Trish Godman MSP - Labour MSP for West Renfrewshire

“CHALLENGE UNFAIR BANK CHARGES” SAYS MP AFTER LAURA v. GOLIATH TEST CASE

Dr. Alasdair McDonnell M.P. Social Democratic and Labour Party MP for Belfast South

MPs hear call for action on bank charges

Jim Devine MP

• Haha 1

Received an e mail from a fellow CAG member this morning. She put a post on the MSE forum telling them about this thread with a link to it and also links to MP site etc..

IT WAS PULLED WITHIN 15 MINS. I THINK THAT JUST ABOUT SUMS THINGS UP???????

This problem is something I have been trying to overcome. I have noticed and do understand why moderators remove links to other groups. So I figured if I put info about this complain campaign on another, unralated site, then it might be possible mods will keep the links.

And it does seem to have worked, also the leaflet works, in that its not removed, because there is no direct link to a particular group.

I can't even post on MSE, I joined up on the weekend but they don't seem to wanna reply to me. Maybe this waiver has rocked their heads so much they're in a totasl spin.:D

Stay focused keep those complaints to MPs and the FSA rolling if you have already complained then try encourage others to complain.

Has anyone had any reply from the FSA - I have't heard a peep from the rabble. They've battend down the hatches, has anyone complained to the FSA, I did but not a peep.

This waiver can be lifted, if people can get the government to repeal the Poll Tax laws under Thatcher, they can get this nonsense removed also.

But we must unite, and keep buggering on - KBO as Winston Churchill used to say.

I like it MacBoy - 5 easy steps, thats what people like, easy, and only five steps - wonderful.:-D

• Haha 1

DoS we've only just started - we don't need the Mods, we have the tools here, we have like minded people visiting this thread and I'm sure there are people who are complaining.

You are just frustrated because you want an instant result. Its not going to happen, it takes time.

The waiver is being revued in a month or two so we have at least that much work to do to drum up more complaints for them to influence the outcome.

KBO

From the FSA website

The main practical effect of this waiver is to allow the firms to stop resolving complaints about unauthorised overdraft charges. We have reserved the right to revoke the waiver after two months if the county court and the FOS stays sought by the firms do not happen, or if we believe continuing with the waiver is inappropriate. We will renew it after 12 months if we are satisfied the criteria for granting the waiver are still being met and we think continuing it is not inappropriate (see Section 7 of the modification direction).

The above clause is a getout clause, its been put in because the FSA are quite prepared to remove this waiver if the conditions apply.

It is up to all of us on here to create them conditions through our complaints to the FSA and our MPs.

duncan_disorderly - do you think you could reply to them, keep at them, pester them ask question, prod them. We need to keep building up the pressure. Tell them you are not satified by their reply, they have not answered two of your concerns and the two that they have are unsatisfactory.

From their site

Anyone directly affected by the way in which the FSA has exercised, or failed to exercise, its functions (other than its legislative functions) under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA) may complain about the FSA's alleged misconduct using the FSA Complaints Scheme.

Great stuff:D

They've caused our heads to bleed its time for us to cause their heads to bleed.

The FSA told me this morning that they ''are swamped'' with complaints

about the waiver and are having trouble responding to them all.

Wonderful news, however, a swamp is not big enough. What we need is an ocean of complaints to the FSA or about the FSA to your MP.

Keep the complaints rolling

I reply to my letters or emails, with complaints. If they send me an email with the email address of some other body to whom I can complain I do just that.

I don't just sign the one petition I sign them all, ralating to this issue that is.:)

Now more and more people have seen they have been shafted by the FSA they will want to complain, lets make the process for them to complain easy.