• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

SLC Cannot Supply The Original Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"I do not agree with your interpretation of the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983. I believe that these regulations apply to pre-contractual documents or document copies issued by the creditor in the immediate aftermath of a credit agreement under the control of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act) Sections 58,62, 63 and 64.

Sections 77 and 78 of the Act are not bound by the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983; any request under Sections 77 and 78 of the Act can only be fulfilled with a copy of the fully and properly executed agreement conforming to Section 61 of the Act."

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres another twist:

I sent s77/78 request on 19 October. This week I recieved a photocopy of my original application form.

The copy is approx 1/8th of the size of the original document, rubbish quality printer and too small to read most of the printed terms and conditions!

About the only things that are clear are what appears to my signature, a hand written date and the words "Credit Agreement".

Hmmmmm...

There are another 5 days before the 12 working days are up.

"You may even make matters worse as once the agreement is cancelled then the whole sum becomes immediately repayable!"

Unless of course the sum the lender claims contains a proportion of unlawful charges and intrest levied on those charges. In which case the lender has a headache.

• 4 weeks later...

After the creditor gets permission from a court to persue the debtor, he then runs into another quagmire when the debtor states in his defence that the debt consists partly or wholly of unlawful default charges, and is therefore unenforceable! Debtor then tells court (if appropriate) that the creditor is in breach of s7 of DPA and that a complaint has been made to the IM.

(Judge rolls eyes heaven ward)

(**thinks** If the debt is halved by a judge, what percentage of the remaining contains the unlawful default charges?)

The creditor then faces the humiliation of proving to the court that the charges are lawful, which as we all know, they arent.

Jayzuz! No wonder lawyers make a good living!

"The agreement is then null and void but the outstanding money is due and payable, maybe in one lump as there is no repayment agreement. The lender then takes debtor to court and debtor gets a CCJ."

But the judge will of course take into account the debtor's financial situation when awarding a judgement, and after being shown the inept way the creditor has handled the case (ie:unlawfully applying default charges AND attempting to pervert the course of justice (I think) by attempting to enforce them, breaching the DPA, being in criminal breach (I love that phrase!) of the CCA 1978, Im sure the repayments the debtor would be expected to make would not be unreasonable.

Hiya!

JAYZUZ! Thats what I call a result!

Somewhere, in the depths of the early part of this thread, alanfromderby posted a template for the letter you need.

Just start on page one and keep reading. Youll find it.

28k! dear God! Well done!

matheos- note that the solicitor who wrote this twaddle is quoting his client, the solicitor isnt saying this himself:

"Our client wishes us to inform you that if they cannot provide you..bla bla"

He clearly wished to distance himself from this blatant lie.

Sent my CCA request off to DCA at end of October, not a peep out them so far. another 9 days and theyre in criminal default.

I posted it by normal 1st class and retaib the certificate of posting.

According to Civil Proceedure Rules they are deemed to have recieved it the one day after posting.

Didnt want to give them option of not signing for Recorded Delivery.

Try that again in English:

According to Civil Procedure Rules they are deemed to have recieved it the letter one day after posting. ie: the day after the next day after posting.

As I have proof of the date of posting the CCA, I count the allowed days from two days after posting.

peter- I believe tape recordings are not admissable as evidence in court anyway!

Who is to say if the recording has been edited in some way or even that it is a recording of who they claim it to be? All you would to do is deny that it is your voice, or at least refuse to confirm that it was your voice and they would be stuffed anyway.

Clutching at straws- it shows how desparate they are!

Let me get this straight- a finance company or DCA who fails to provide true copy agreement and/or a deed of assignment in the specified time frame cannot enforce that alleged debt under the original agreement (I get this so far) but can also be sued for all payments made under the original loan. Is that what we are saying here?

I suspect that mental illness may be a total defence against any creditor's attempts to enforce the debt. In other words, it may be unenforceable.

But dont take any of this advice at face value, I suggest you see a solicitor and your doctor