Got a court date - I need to reschedule...

Arnolfini
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I'm currently trying to take on Abbey for approximately £1,200 of charges, including interest.

I've gone through the normal early stages, they gave me some money back, but I said it wasn't good enough, and demanded the rest. I've now filed a claim with the moneyclaim website, I've received Abbey's defence, and now I've received a court date.

The thing is I'm really confused with what to do now....

I'm going to be out of the country on the day of the hearing (28 August), and need to get the date rescheduled to some time later. I called the court and asked how to do this, and they told me I had to write to Abbey's solicitors requesting a change, they then need to agree, and write to the court, then I need to write to the court as well. Does this sound correct? It seems awfully long winded to me. Also is there a correct way of writing this type of letter (or does someone have a template I could use)? I've never written to a solicitor before, let alone the solicitor of someone I'm suing!

Also I'm confused by all this talk of various types of hearing that are mentioned in some of the other threads. On my letter from the county court there's nothing to indicate whether this is an allocation hearing or the final hearing or whatever... it just says 'hearing'. Also there is nothing on there to indicate when I should get my court bundle in, or if this is a hearing where I'll need the full bundle, and I'm very confused about what I need to do next (and I have to admit I'm just a little scared too).

Can anyone help me, and set my mind at ease?

Cheers

Arn

Hi Arn

Can you post the actual wording of the letter on here, so someone can tell you what sort of hearing it is?

It may be that you do not have to attend yet, and therefore a reschedule is not necessary.

Hopefully on seeing it one of the experts on here (me excluded!) will be able to help you.

Best of Luck

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool:

Hi

Thanks for the response... the letter is actually really brief.

The letter has a heading 'Notice of Hearing' then at the top right there is a box with my claim number, etc, the wording of the letter is then as follows:

TAKE NOTICE that the Hearing will take place on

28 August 2007 at 2:00PM

at Croydon County Court, Altyre Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR9 5AB

When you should attend

15 MINUTES has been allowed for the hearing

Please Note: This case may be released to another Judge, possibly at a different court

...that's it!

Any thoughts?

Arn

Hi Arn

Like I said I am anything BUT an expert - only just starting out on this really.

But as the letter says "When you should attend"" then it does look like you will need to reschedule, unless Abbey pay up beforehand!!

Have a look at a few threads, especially clarion48 and charleyfarley, where they have been through the whole process, and won before going to Court!

Sorry I can't be of much help, but a bit of reading around on here should point you in the right direction. This link might be useful also:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/52494-read-now-if-you.html

Best of Luck

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool: