• Tweets

• Thank you. Please will you repost your images in one single multipage PDF file – the right way round et cetera.  
    • And just to reiterate – I'm sorry if the message above sounds a bit harsh. We have to get the message out to other people who visit this thread as well. I realise that you are having a difficult time and we will do our best to help you, of course
    • The last photo shows the overflow carpark looking at the block which our room was located. When we got out of the car my partner thought that the building was for staff accommodation.  The unsecured bedroom window opened onto this car park.
    • Also I see that you are doing a lot of this on the telephone – and without any written confirmation. This is a big mistake. You need to start taking this matter seriously and so everything should go in writing. If you have telephone calls then they should normally be recorded. Read our customer services guide. You should make notes about every telephone call and then you should send an email to your telephone correspondence confirming what they have said or what they have agreed. It is important that you keep detailed paper trails here. Of course we may be jumping the gun and maybe big motoring world will step up to the mark – but I'm afraid that they have a lousy reputation has you have seen and so you need to start practising survival techniques and protecting yourself. You say for instance in your letter of rejection that the mechanic told you on the telephone that the gearbox needed replacing. Do you have any other evidence of this conversation? This is going to sound a bit harsh – but other people will be visiting this thread as well for their own purposes. You conducted their research about this company before you bought the vehicle. You now are fully aware that this is a company which can be very difficult to deal with and causes a lot of problems for many of their customers and yet you are still taking a telephone/verbal approach. Do I need to say any more? Also one of the documents you put up is an email exchange but it is not clear who is writing to who or what dates. If you showed this email to somebody in a pub they would be asking lots of questions about who sent the first message, who sent the second message, what dates were they sent et cetera. Please think about this before you post things. Please can you clarify the details of that email exchange. Please will you present the information carefully. We are all volunteers here and we have to rely on you to do the spadework
    • I told the DM that the room was not acceptable because of the reasons already mentioned. He informed me that they were full that night and that they could move me to the room next door (would not solve my problem with the rooms location). Told the DM that I could not stay in the room provided for the night so left no option but to leave. DM did not reply and I walked out.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Blueyes Vs Nat West

blueyes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've worked out that they owe me just over 2,200 so am going to try and get it back as I desperately need it as have just moved house. My old Landlord has ripped me off too so am going to start an action for that as well in CAG. This site has really helped me loads as being at home with my kids and struggling with our finances, I've learnt that it's not acceptable to constantly let people rip me off!

I've got all my statements but need to double check the figures. The only thing I'm stuck on is the interest bit. I know the 8% doesn't get added on until the end but am unsure if I'm supposed to add interest to the amount reclaiming..? The initial letter has a line asking for the amount and interest.. Should I just leave this blank?

Thanks guys for any help which will be gratefully received.

Kindest Regards

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Lively Lad!

I've sent off my request today for 1809.00. It turned out that there were a few more duplicated copy statements for some strange reason. The only ones that were duplicated were the ones that had the mass charges on them though.....?

I just requested the money from penalties only and attached the schedule without the interest. I amended the line which says you charged me xxxx plus interest of xxx to say you charged me 1809.00 plus interest. I didn't put the interest on the schedule either as I didn't know where to start to work it out. I hope that letter is acceptable!

Thanks for your help.

:)

Hi, there was no need to put the word "interest" as you have not asked for any yet, but I am sure you will be ok. Have a read through the step by step instructions and the FAQs these will guide you through the process.

same thing happened to me - the three pages with the most charges on (two in excess of £330 and one for over £250) were duplicated in my pile of what must be around 300 sheets. Strange ........

Or do you reckon someone goes through them first, then they duplicate the big ones in the hope that we won't notice and then they can tell us we are incompetent and wriggle out of paying up - well they didn't bank (excuse pun) on us using CAG did they !!!

Good luck,

J

I thought Livelylad that if I just mentioned 'interest' they might think to pay up rather than await me to add it on! ( I was hoping they might think I forgot to and act quickly):)

Hi Nonwatson, Thanks for your good wishes. I so need it, am going through the worst skint time of my life!

I originally worked out that they owed me 2,242 but only realised next time I checked that there were all these duplicates. I already took a pile out. You are right though, they seem to be just the ones with loads of charges on them. Perhaps, they were printing extras for their own copies or maybe I could lose out through a flaw if I miscalculated :rolleyes:

The only other problem I had was on one of the statements, it said 29.00 charge and there was absolutely no explanation.

My account did upgrade to an advantage gold at one stage but the monthly charge was 9.00 before and after this statement. I just took the 9.00 from it and put 20.00 on the schedule and noted it as charges but didn't know what to do. Obviously if there is another explanation, I'm sure they will tell me.

I'll keep posting any more info on here.

Many Thanks

Kind Regards

Blueyes

I wouldn't bank on a response............... get the LBA ready to send off to Borehamwood! :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Ok, thanks Hedgey. I read another post about someone having a loan and Nat West refunding the charges into that. I hope that doesn't happen to me as I have a loan too from them. I desperately need the money :(

Hi,

I got a letter after my prelim this morning from Nat West. It said:

Dear Ms *****

Thank you for your recent letter regarding the fees applied to your account.

We are currently considering your claim. Given the work involved in assessing your claim we anticipate that we will in a position to respond within 6-7 weeks, but will endeavour to do so sooner if we are able to.

Yours sincerely

Stuart Higley

Custom Relations

What should I do now? I was all ready to send my LBA today!

Any advise would be gratefully received...:|

Send the LBA! The letter basically translates to "we're so bogged down with claims that we can't cope, so please be nice and don't send the LBA and don't take us to court. We might even repay all your charges in a couple of months - or some of them anyway"!!!

LBA recorded delivery today............. give them another 14 days!!! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Send the LBA! The letter basically translates to "we're so bogged down with claims that we can't cope, so please be nice and don't send the LBA and don't take us to court. We might even repay all your charges in a couple of months - or some of them anyway"!!!

LBA recorded delivery today............. give them another 14 days!!! ;)

But only if you are nice as hedgey :razz: :razz:

Follow your time frame, not theirs, allthough patience does seem to be the order of the day..

They will get back to you, but you have to make it happen....

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

No, no interest untill court claim... And use recorded delivery, i know is an exspense that you could do without, but vital.....Good luck....

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Still waiting but I sent the LBA last week so hopefully will get a positive response early next week :) Does anybody know if they make an offer at that stage?

Kind Regards

Blueyes

It depends really. They've been incredibly quick with 'some' offer letters recently.............. and very slow with others. There's no way to judge it blueyes unfortunately, it's a case of sitting out the 14 days and then deciding whether you want to wait a few weeks more........... or whether you want to file a claim at court.

I know that doesn't really help - but this truly is a waiting game! :)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I know Hedgey, am just desperate for my money back so I can put flooring down as we moved a couple of months ago. Kids are turning into little muckers! lol

Thanks hun, I shall report back next week. Enjoy your weekend. :)

Try not to worry too much, you may be one of the lucky ones with a quick payout. And try to have a nice weekend yourself too hun - get the wine open! x ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I think I may have messed up. I should have had an answer from my LBA by today but after I sent it, I realised I just copied the template from the library which said, 'I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter ' when they actually did respond to me saying it would take 6 or 7 weeks. I sent that letter back the same day and am now wondering do they think I got the response a day late as I didn't acknowledge it?

I rang the customer services and they gave me a wrong number to call! Should I send another amended LBA acknowledging the first one or call them up if I can find the right number?

Any advice please...?

Thanks

Hi blueyes, don't worry - you don't need to send another LBA to them at all. The one that you sent them will suffice - it basically says that you would like your charges returning to you within a 14 day period or you'll start court action against them. Even though they sent you an interim letter out, they know that you want them to respond regardless.

The correct number for Borehamwood is 0845 3030 456 and if you wish, you could try ringing them to see if they're willing to settle your claim. ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Thanks hedgey,

You're a star. I really appreciate your help. I'm going to call the number first thing in the morning. I expect I will get someone telling me that it will take 6-7 weeks or perhaps an offer of less than the owed amount.

Fingers crossed, I shall update you after I speak with them.

Many Thanks