Privilege/Privilege Premier

lunagirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wanted to post this on the Coop board but couldn't find 'start a new thread' there.

Does anybody known the difference between the Privilege and the Privilege/Premier account? I have amounts of 6.00 subscription which then changes to 12.00 and I don't remember being asked if I wanted to subscribe to the Premier account.

Many thanks

Lunagirl

• 3 weeks later...

Moved to Co-op forum.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

The Privilege account used to cost £6 but that was several years ago. It comes with a £100 free overdraft, free family travel insurance provided by Norwich Union, the £6 would have been for benefits provided with the account.

The Privilege Premier includes the above with a £260 free overdraft and breakdown assistance from Green Flag. There are additional benefits.

Just so you know, the Privilege fee is £8.50. The Privilege Premier has been £12 for quite some time now.

The Co-operative Bank cannot convert your account without your agreement, which would be verbally in the branch or on the phone. You would have received a pack regarding the account if it was in fact converted historically.

I work for a bank, i'm a customer of two banks. I have been charged by one. I have considered, but not claimed any charges back. I am responsible for the actions taken against me.

Hi Lunagirl

As EthicalBusiness has explained the two subcriptions differ according to the two types of account. If you had a Privilege a/c (fee was £6.00 then £7.00, now £8.50) and this has been upgraded without your permision to the Premier a/c then you may need to chat to the Coop as see when and how this happened. I understand that i usually happens at the customer's request. You may wish to revert to the Privilege a/c and they might even offer an amount as compensation especialy if you suggest it ...