JLS v First Direct

JLS3852
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

SAR sent 05-04-07, I had a letter to say they would be happy to provide this information etc, but never received anything. Also, I did have online banking but as they have charged me so much they took me over my overdraft and then demanded repayment which I couldn't make so I am now in an agreement with them and they have suspended my internet access so can't view statements online.

I sent the SAR non compliance letter on 31-05-07 giving 14 days or I would seek a court order. They haven't complied.

Am just about to do some searching and research what I should do now.

Cheeky things, I only owe them £500 and I am sure £350 of it is charges!! RUDE. :p

Hello,

Could anyone offer some help with this please?

I have found the particulars of claim for non compliance, however, this puts in a claim for damage and distress. I don't feel particularly damaged or distressed by all this so not sure what to put in there?

I would have thought that I just want the court to rule that First Direct should provide me with the information I have requested - is this the case?

And if my claim is then for a zero amount (as I can't calculate my charges without this information) how would I be able to work out the court costs?

Sorry if I am being dim. :p

JLS,

this is exactly what happened to me regarding the charges, I initially made an agreement but then changed my mind. Sent them a letter stating that the account was in dispute and issued them with a S.A.R.

The thing is if your 40 days are up and you haven't received anything you can complain to the O.F.T for their breach of the CCA.

Did you send a £10 postal order or chq with your S.A.R? if not I'd advise starting again, have you tried phoning?

hope this helps...

Finally received details of all my charges from First Direct yesterday. Charges only come to £360 but since they are making me repay a £600 pound overdraft I think it is worth claiming.

So, letter will be sent today.

Fingers crossed eh? :p

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, letter sent to First Direct 20-06-07 requesting refund. Letter received dated 23-06-07 and they have refunded all charges (without admitting liability of course!!). If only all cases were that straight forward eh?!:oops:

Result.