Can i have a go

DOLALU
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just been put onto this site by a family member.

I was charged by Abbey last year for going ever so slighly over my overdraft

the situation was:

i did not have an overdraft at the time and i spend £30 over the limit as an oversight.

these transactions were for 2.70, 3.24 etc. In total there were 6 seperate transactions totally just over £30 for that honour Abbey charged me over £300

they then charged me again as it was done over a month period period before it was picked up. And i obviously didnt have an overdraft.

I then had to take out an overdraft of £500 to cover the charges as i couldnt afford to lose +£300 just like that.

Then also chaged me £120 for missed DD's due to the charges being over the amount i pay in to cover bills/. I did compain at the bank and followed it up with a letter at the turn of the year. The letter was not responded to and the oral complaint was dismissed by trying to sell me a loan to cover my costs as i obviously ' couldnt manage my money effectively'

What actions should i take. Do i need to start the process again formally??

any help will be great.

Thanks

Luke

Hi Luke

To put it simply, the answer is YES!!!!

You should send the DPA requesting all statements and charges for the period you wish to claim for, or better still if you have the statements it will save you time. Then send your prelim letter which they will try and fob off, give them 14 calender days (not work days) and then hit them with the LBA. Allow them a further 14 days and if they don't (and they won't) offer your full refund, then it is time to put in a formal claim. I know it is a little intimidating, i put my claim in against them on friday of last week. But the main thing is to stick to your guns, and not let them try and fob you off or scare you out of what is yours.

Good luck

rayo1973:)