Nergal vs Smile

Nergal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Sent the intial S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request as a secure message and recieved a response about a week later offering me a free of charge print out which i accepted.

I sent the Prelim letter for £1871.42 on the 3rd of May and recieved a standard response letter on the 16th (13 days from date of letter).

Sent the LBA on the 22nd of May and recieved the standard FSA 8 weeks response letter on the 4th of June.

Just sent them a secure message telling them i will be registering a court claim Thursday or Friday next week for £2399.31 - includes 8% statutory interest - and giving them a few more days to sort out the claim.

We'll see how they respond to this.

Hi All,

Sent the intial S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request as a secure message and recieved a response about a week later offering me a free of charge print out which i accepted.

I sent the Prelim letter for £1871.42 on the 3rd of May and recieved a standard response letter on the 16th (13 days from date of letter).

Sent the LBA on the 22nd of May and recieved the standard FSA 8 weeks response letter on the 4th of June.

Just sent them a secure message telling them i will be registering a court claim Thursday or Friday next week for £2399.31 - includes 8% statutory interest - and giving them a few more days to sort out the claim.

We'll see how they respond to this.

I've done the same with Smile, though I sent my LBA by secure message on 15th May. I also got the standard response, but informed them that their 4 weeks is up 8th June (today) and that I would be starting court proceedings if they failed to answer by c.o.b. today.

I sent them a gentle reminder this morning but as yet I have still had no response from them.

Best of luck to you

They replied via secure message yesterday with basically just another rehash of the same script.

I'm sorry you've not had a reply to your complaint as of yet.

However, we work to timescales set by the Financial Services Authority. This is the governing body of the financial services sector and banking law allows us a maximum of 8 weeks to respond to your complaint.

We will do our utmost to respond to your request as soon as possible. However, the only way we can treat all our customers fairly is to answer complaints in the order they arrive.

Please be assured we will respond to your complaint in the allotted timescales. We would appreciate your understanding and patience in this matter.

Regards

Chris Hopkins

Look's like they are sticking to their guns on this 8 week FSA statement. Oh well, aother couple of days and i'll lodge the court claim which will add about £500 plus court costs to the claim. I guess they don't mind paying out more.

They replied via secure message yesterday with basically just another rehash of the same script.

Look's like they are sticking to their guns on this 8 week FSA statement. Oh well, aother couple of days and i'll lodge the court claim which will add about £500 plus court costs to the claim. I guess they don't mind paying out more.

I placed my MCOL claim against them last Friday evening. On Saturday morning I got the same reply back once again as you have.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, 8 weeks minus one day from the initial prelim letter and i recieved from Smile as letter informing me that they were making a payment of £1737.00 as a gesture of goodwill.

This is almost the full amount claimed minus the contractual interest calculated on the initial spreadsheet.

As i have made a decision to emmigrate later this year i have decided that this comes close enough to keep me happy. Although i could push for the rest of the money through the courts i'll have enough other things to keep me busy.

Looks like they will pay out if you are willing to wait.

Anyways, I'm happy.

Thanks to this site for all the useful material before going ahead with the claims.

Nergal