Pink Princess V Nationwide

pink princess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:o

Hi pink princess - my claim was acknowledged on the 27th june so they have until the 24th july to defend so as you can see I'm a day behind you!!! :)

I read all these threads EVERDAY so I'll keep a eye on your's to see how you are getting on :o

Best of luck

Tracey

Hi Tracey

Exactly the same date for us too.Ours is for £2926.11 including interest and costs,I read the messages every day too from what I have read Nationwide usally start to pay out a few days before the 28 days is up,its my Birthday July 29th so looking forward to getting a nice pressy from Nationwide. ;)

All the best

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked my online banking no deposits:(

Reading the Nationwide sucess stories they seem to start to payout 4-5 days before the 28 days are up that would make mine 19th July as the 28 days is up 23rd.:eek:

I have convinced myself that mine will be the one they choose to make an example of and take it through court and defend at High court level not sure my nerves are up to any court appearence:confused:

From other stories NW and or their solicitors Eversheds dont bother contacting their customers they deposit the money and then defend with the statement that the money has been paid:eek: , the dont do it again letter normally follows the following week,so I will be checking online everyday from today, not interested in any contact from NW or Eversheds,just want my money back, and will press the judgement button first thing next Tuesday morning if I havent received anything:D .

I also read somewhere that Eversheds say that they are told to hold out to the bitter end but rarely defend without the monies being paid,I know a few in Scotland have had problems but I believe the process is different there.I cant believe I am within a week of getting 3k.

This whole process is so liberating I havent got my money yet but when we were stuggling to make ends meet and their charges were taking food out of our childrens mouth it made us feel desperate:mad: ,well guess what Nationwidse its dinner time!!!!! and you will be paying the bill:lol:

My adivce to anyone is just do it.

Oh we are much better off these days too our bad years were 2001.-2004,through our own endevours and dispite NW attitude £285 charges in one day once.I would like my day in court also to make NW realise what impact these charges have on ordinary family life.

This whole process has turned usually normal sane people into computer obsessed wierd things whole are constantly checking their bank balances.I will be spending my refund on therapy at this rate.:eek: :eek: :eek: We will have to start a support group who are also suffering from PRSS ( pre-refund-stress-syndrome )Perhaps we could sue!!!!!

We must have similar husbands, as mine thinks that ours will be the first case that Nationwide decides to make an example of, we too are very unlucky when it comes to things like this never get anything without a major fight or a mass of complicated stuff.

I havent slept properly since I started this back in April when it is all over I will probably sleep for a week.

WE WON:D :D :D

3 DEPOSITS £999,£999 AND £808.11 :D :D :D still owed the court fee £120 I am over the moon Anyone else who were due to complete the 28 days Monday Tuesday check your balances

now!!!!!

Just checked online balance again (old habits) the court fee £120 has been paid so claimed £2926.11 received £2926.11.

I am so pleased for you - well done! My deadline is a week on saturday and gives me an idea of the timescales :)

I would guess you should have your money Monday/Tuesday so not much longer to wait:) ,you will be elated when you see those deposits such a good feeling:-D

Pink Princess and evanregan35 where due to reach their 28 days same as me on Monday/Tuesday I`d love to know if they have been sucessful;)

WELL DONE COPESWELL!!!! what a relief - still nothing as yet my date is monday will keep checking this afternoon and tomorrow - evanreagan you hear anything yet???:p

My day was Tuesday mine was an online claim maybe that is the difference see when evanregan35 comes online.

Wow, just about to go and hand in a N1 form to the court against Nationwide and was feeling very nervous as its for my fiances scary uncle(trying to get brownie points...haha!)

I take it none of you were threatened with account closures?

Princess H!

xx

I have had no contact from Nationwide since May one and only no you are not having your money back letter.I expect to get a "dont do it again or we will close your account" letter Tomorrow or Monday I will file that letter where they filed mine;)

WELL DONE copeswell I'm soooooooo chuffed for you.

I haven't heard anything yet :mad:

Will let you know again tomorrow if anything :???:

Good luck pink princess here's hoping we all get paid soon :eek:

Tracey

Thanks for that I am well pleased,best of luck for your claim feel a little guilty now still an hour of business left today something may appear mine appeared at lunch time 3 corrections and one as a cash deposit:)

This is driving me mad:eek: got mine yesterday and would love to know how Pink Princess and Evanregan35 have got on,:) I feel a bit guilty that out of the 3 of us I am the only one who has received any cash.:confused: Would make my weekend to hear both of them have received their refunds.:D

Yes used the online system.The only chage was the acknowledgement appeared on the day it was deemed to be served in my case 26/06

I must say in the particulars of the claim I put " BANK CHARGES LEVIED ON MY CURRENT ACCOUNT" I paniced a bit when I saw all the messages from other claiments saying that they could not put all the details in the 1080 charactor limit:o :o ,I thought to myself I didnt put ANY detail in my claim,I was quite literally holding my breath waiting for the 28 day to expire and then for them to say "no detail so claim thrown out":-x .

As it was money in the account well within the 28 days I was either lucky or is it as long as the letters have been sent to form a paper trail the particulars of the claim is not that important.

anyway happy bunny now can we have Summer please!!!!!

Morning everyone

Just got up :p and turned the computer to check both NW account and MCOL ....................................... NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Getting a little bit worried now - time is up tomorrow :eek:

I'm going to try and not look again till at least lunch-time, but it's getting pretty scary now that it's getting sooooooooooooo close :eek:

Let me know if anyone else had heard

Tracey

Mine started to go in around mid-day so still possible it will be in today.

Thanks copeswell - Did you take yourself off shopping at the weekend or was it a matter of a bottle of wine, or two, on saturday night???????????

It's nice that you are still viewing the website and looking out for us :D

Hopefully I will have some good news for you very soon :p

United by a common cause.:)

Once I know you and Pink Princess have your cash I will get on with normal life,spent a little but it is really strange dont have any desire to splash out on anything in particular its may birthday on 29th so may treat myself then,:-D winning against a large institution is the best feeling particularly when I read the first get lost letter I received back in May.:rolleyes:

Morning daniel12

I've only just logged on this morning and it's a bit too early to check the bank - don't think they work nights lol.

I'm trying to keep positive but it's hard when people on the same time scale are being paid up days earlier and still nothing for me :confused:

I've done everything that I should have as I'm a avid reader of this site :o

Gonna check at lunch time and not be so down hearted when there's nothing there!!!!!

I'm even thinking of e-mailing eversheds to see what the situation is :confused:

You'll feel all this I'm sure by the end of the week - that's if you're not paid early ;) LOL

Bye for now

Keep your chin up positive thoughts to you for a deposit lunchtime.:wink:

It does seem unfair,I wonder though if they know about these forums and pick an choose who to pay who to delay so a pattern doesn't form so people are left wondering if and when they are going to be paid, and possibly make new claimants wonder if it is worth it,I wouldnt be surprised I guess they will try anything to delay, just taking a look at the money which has been refunded,millions across all banks, no-one to my knowledge has lost against Nationwide but some I know have been messed around.

I am glad mine was straight forward and once you get your cash (which you will) you will forget about all this stress and just enjoy it.:)

You have done the right thing I would have rung them thats just me I like to hear an explanation depends how good they are at replying to email I would give them an hour or so then ring them you need this sorted by the end of the day, but Daniel12 is right the defense normally is they dont have to pay as they have already paid.Eversheds may be able to shed some light.Is the account closed if so they may be sending a cheque.

I hope you're right - I feel physically sick........................... should have listened to my husband when he said it would go to court!

Plus reading on MSE there are some people who's defence has gone in and their court date isn't till nov :o

Oh this is horrible for you.

I would phone Eversheds ask them exactly what the defense is,people have said they are very helpful, if it is any help my MCOL online thingy says "this claim can go no further it will be allocated to your local court" as you know I have been paid so it would seem that Nationwide are playing games typical nasty tactics.See what Eversheds say try to stay calm I know its not easy but this is Nationwide way of getting back at you for claiming what is rightfully yours they are like a spoilt children.

Well I telephoned eversheds and spoke to a really nice lady who told me that the nationwide advise them to defend all of their claims - then gave me a number for nationwides refund dept!!!

Spoke to a nice man called 'gareth davies' who told me that he couldn't find anything relating to my claim :eek: but it was probably in their legal dept as they were waiting on a new batch of claims to run through and that I would hear before friday!

If I haven't, he said that I could ring on friday and speak to him direct and he SHOULD have it sorted for me :D

This has given me some hope. The solicitor said that they ALWAYS pay out, but really it has nothing to do with them :rolleyes:

Me thinks that nw just like giving people the run around.

On the plus side I dont feel physically sick anymore LOL

Glad you are feeling better about the whole thing now.:)

I feel really positive for you now, it would be nice for you to get the cash sooner rather than later but let Nationwide play their game probably one of the few pleasures they have left.:p

Like Eversheds said they ALWAYS pay out,wonder how much money it costs Nationwide to get Eversheds to shuffle paper around for 28 days,so stupid if they pay out on the second letter from claimants would save them money and us time.:mad:

Anyway keep checking the account it hopefully will be there before you go away.

I'll keep the possitive thoughts going for a quick deposit.

• Haha 1

Also copeswell - GOOD LUCK for your wedding in cyprus. You'll have a fab day - I know cos I got married there in 2003! God how I love that country - been there 7 times now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's gonna be my retirement home :p

Wish I were going to Cyprus;) but not to get married its our 23rd Anniversary in August so I dont think thats allowed:lol: :lol:

I know there were 2 weddings one in Vegas one in Cyprus but can remember who they were.

I am really sorry for everyone in this mess.This is probably the worst thing that could have happened.A blanket halt to all claims regardless of how far into the process you are.I feel it would have been much better to let all cases in the court system proceed but not to allow any further new claims.

I hope the banks lose big time and refund everyone without anyone having to wait or indeed use any form of court dealings.

This will be my last post as I feel any further comments by me would be inapropriate as one of the last to get my charges refunded.I will continue to follow this thread with interest and watch out for judgement in favour of bank customers not the banks.

Needless to say I wish everyone well with charges and those looking forward to holidays and weddings.

Take care all

Paula (my name in the real world).