Devilboy V NatWest **WON**

devilboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys.

Although I haven't posted about it I have been following on the instructions here to claim my charges back from NatWest.

I thought I'd jot down a quick summary of my claim. I used all the templates found on this forum.

1st January - Data Protection Act Letter Sent to Edinburgh

Received my statements very quickly - 6 days from posting my letter. Unlike most people the statements were very well packed in a padded jiffy envelope.

Unfortunately the statements arrived the day before I went away to work, so for three months they sat at home while I toiled.

When I got back I totalled the charges up and using the spreadsheet and found NatWest had robbed me of £4591.

4th April - Premilinary Letter Sent to Borehamwood

I sent a very nice letter, stating I was claiming £4591 but was prepared to settle for £4100 as a 'gesture of goodwill on my part'. I knew they wouldn't go along with it but thought if I did end up in court I could show the judge I was trying to settle all the way through. Ignored basically. Didn't hear anything, I didn't chase them either - I thought the sooner I can get on to my LBA the better.

8th May - LBA sent to Borehamwood

Messed up my date calculations and basically gave them a week more than I wanted to. Anyway I sent the standard LBA from this forum. I told them I was now claiming the full amount. Giving them 14 days to reply. The letter was signed for on the 11th May.

24th May - Money Money Money

Right on schedule. All NatWest's charges are fair of course but as a gesture of goodwill they're are prepared to offer me a full and final settlement of this matter. No conditions, no secrecy, just send us a letter back saying you are prepared to accept the money. Lovely Jubbly

So huge thanks to all at CAG. And I'll be making a donation just as soon as the scoundrels give me my money.

Cheers

Matt

That's amazing news, well done.

From reading this forum, it seems as you are much more likely to get your money back (or a partial offer) if you persevere through Borehamwood?

I gave NatWest the absolute minimum time allowance before filing at MCOL, and I have had absolutely no correspondence on the subject from them, not even a partial offer, and am now waiting for a hearing date at my local court (for £2,600).

I'm starting to think I would have been better off waiting to see what Borehamwood's response was, despite the fact it takes them weeks to process your complaint.

Have I done the wrong thing by filing? With all the media coverage banks are getting re the Tom Brennan case and the Lloyd's win, maybe filing the claim was the wrong move to make, as I am now no longer dealing with Borehamwood, but with Cobbetts?

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

CONGRATULATIONS, another fine win. Don't forget to do the survey.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/survey.php

Ps are devgirl and devboy related ?? :)

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

That's amazing news, well done.

From reading this forum, it seems as you are much more likely to get your money back (or a partial offer) if you persevere through Borehamwood?

I gave NatWest the absolute minimum time allowance before filing at MCOL, and I have had absolutely no correspondence on the subject from them, not even a partial offer, and am now waiting for a hearing date at my local court (for £2,600).

I'm starting to think I would have been better off waiting to see what Borehamwood's response was, despite the fact it takes them weeks to process your complaint.

Have I done the wrong thing by filing? With all the media coverage banks are getting re the Tom Brennan case and the Lloyd's win, maybe filing the claim was the wrong move to make, as I am now no longer dealing with Borehamwood, but with Cobbetts?

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Stick with it Devgirl, obviously you are now on the MCOL path, but they WILL pay up. They might try and quote the Lloyds case but its not a precedent so don't let that frighten you.

I only gave Borehamwood the standard 14 days in my LBA and they paid after 13 so if you didn't have a response then what choice did you have but to file? If you allowed them to they'd drag it out until Christmas.

Remember its YOUR money. Don't think of it as claiming back your charges, think of it as making a withdrawal from your savings account!!!! :lol: