HFC bank/Paragon personal finance/restons solicitors

nino1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i've just found this wonderful site and hope that I can benefit from the work that seems to have been done and is ongoing.

Does anyone have any history of dealing with HFC bank/paragon personal finance and their solicitors Restons?

I am going to try and get my charges back from the two financial institutions following your leads.

However my accounts have been passed to these solicitors who seem to run to court asap adding to the account at every opportunity.

Any advice gratefully received:shock:

Hi nino

Does anyone have any history of dealing with HFC bank/paragon personal finance and their solicitors Restons?

I did a quick search but couldn't find any threads with HFC in the title. However, all these instititions are effectively the same and experience of one is generally transferable to another.

However my accounts have been passed to these solicitors who seem to run to court asap adding to the account at every opportunity.

Now's your chance to turn the tables!

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nino,

I'm claiming against HFC, just wondered how you were getting on??

Jo

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

My first account was rushed into court by the solicitors Restons, who got a charging order against my house before I had a clue what was going on. They've gone down the same path with a second account and obtained an initial charging order, but I appeared at the hearing to make that a final order and explained to the judge that i had concerns about the amount being asked for and she has put the hearing back a month to enable me to gather more information(help), Restons have come up with the copy of the credit agreement but I've heard zip from HFC about my SAR! Post confirms delivery of request. It occurs to me that surely there should be some sort of legislation stat prevents solicitors like Restons making fat profits by charging £1000+ for serving a bit of computer generated process to the bulk debt service??? Any thoughts???

Wow this sounds really technical. I haven't had all this because the accounts with HFC were settled a few years ago. It's a shame because there are only a few HFC claimants and therefore not much to compare with really. Steven 4064 is normally quite knowledgable around the more technical aspects so hopefully bumping this back up to the top of the list he will pick it up and have a look

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

Sorry to let you down nino (and Russjo) but this is outside my areas of knowledge. I think you ought to be able to ask the court to put the case back until HFC have complied with your SAR as that must form part of the 'more information' the court gave you time to gather, and it is in the gift of the Claiminat to provide it - perhaps you could phone the court and ask whether this is possible.

Otherwise I suggest you PM a mod for further advice.

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

Hi Steven,

It just made no sense to me at all and I didn't know what advice to offer. As usual you've come up trumps with a suggestion

Jo

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

• 2 weeks later...
i've just found this wonderful site and hope that I can benefit from the work that seems to have been done and is ongoing.

I am going to try and get my charges back from the two financial institutions following your leads.

Any advice gratefully received:shock:

I have had experience of Restons Solicitors based in Warrington. They are very difficult to deal with and unprofessional and underhanded tactics in gaining debt recovery for clients. They do not wnter into any negotiations and are dishonest in their dealing. I am about to lodge a complaint to the Law Society and the local Trading Standards regarding this Company. Hope this helps and would be interested to hear from other people of their experiences when dealing with this company.

I had two accounts with HFC, one was a credit card(Sky/beneficial visa) the other a loan(beneficial finance).

I had agreed token payments on both accounts with HFC pending my affairs getting back to some sort of order following a job loss. This went on no problem for about three years with a small increase in the repayment. 2006 I provided them with a change of address and an updated I&E account. They responded with a default notice to my old address.(6 months after I notified them). I was contacted by Restons on 25/8/06 by letter asking for immediate repayment plus a collection charge of £1800(but also suggesting that HFC wanted to draw my attention to an opportunity for me to clear at a specially discounted figure).I finally got to speak to someone 19/9/06 the person was very rude and had no intention of negotiating at all(HFC had already offered me a reduced settlement on both accounts) despite me trying to get him to expand on the letter. He also said he was not in possession of any details from HFC. Restons filed for a charging order on 22/09/06.I moved again(notified them) the court stuff was sent to the old address, when I got it, it was too late the date had passed.I sent the stuff back to the court anyway(as the second account had also now been started in this way by Restons). Initial charging order was granted on account 1, I went to court when they applied for a final and I lost. It now appears that a judgement was obtained in February on the second account(didn't know it took place unless it was to do with the forms I sent back with the 1st lot) which resulted in me going to court to defend an interim order to stop it becoming final. Before going I'd lucked onto this site so sent of CCA to Restons and SAR to HFC. Judge listened and agreed to postpone case for 28 days?? I haven't heard any more from either the court or Restons. I pointed out in court that part of the Restons submission was that as a result of the hearing I didn't know about I had been asked to pay a bit more. I hadn't done this and how could I be expected to if no one informed me. I was able to show recipts for the regular payments I had been making.

I've now had a reply from Restons showing the CCA for account 2. It doesn't seem to make any reference to DPA(dated 11/97) DO YOU THINK RESTONS HAVE ANY RIGHT TO BE PROCESSING MY DATA?

I've also got a load of stuff back from HFC about account1. All undecipherable jargon(although they sent me a list of codes) no copies of letters as they 'don't keep copies of letters generated automatically' and no copies of statements. So little help in locating any sums that have been incorrectly charged. and no help in defending the outstanding action - they have passed that bit on to their credit card section.

SO ANY ADVICE IS WELCOMED. and also I believe that Restons and I'm sure they're not alone in the land of solicitors, seem to be working a nice little business with the banks such that people already in financial difficulty are dragged further down to enable this greedy group to prosper at our expense.

Hi Nino,

I know you said there are a lot of codes, what are the codes and I'll see if I can work them out from what I've got

Jo

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***