Jamjaruk vs First Direct

jamjaruk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6004 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

On 12 April I sent a letter to First Direct requesting for my list of charges from my closed account, to this date I have received no response. Is there anything I can do? It's been 32 days! Sigh.

Many thanks.

Jamjurak, Did you actually send them a S.A.R (Subject Action Request) with a £10 cheque or postal order as per the step by step found here..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html

or have you just sent an ordinary letter?

If you have followed the procedure the bank has 40 days to comply, If they do not you can send them another letter allowing a further 7 days..

Hope this helps....

Hi,

I did send First Direct an S.A.R with a £10 cheque. I have postal proof too.

When I send them another letter giving them a further 7 days, if they don't respond what other steps can I take?

Hello,

Wait till 40 days are up before you send another letter giving them a further 7 days.

I didn,t actually receive all of my information untill near the deadline.

To the best of my knowledge....(If any one else can add anything??)

If you don't receive the information you can complain to..

1.FD complaints address to

Customer Relations Manager

first direct

40 Wakefield Road

Leeds

LS98 1FD

2.Information Commissioners Office using this pdf form but read this Freedom of Information

If all else fails complain to the Financial Ombudsman. hope this helps and Good Luck...

Thanks mate.

Received an e-mail reply from First Direct, informing me that the parcel of statements was sent via Royal Mail on 20th April, but was marked 'goneaway' by Royal Mail and was forwarded to a correspondence address. If I stand corrected when no one's at home, I'm sure Royal Mail leave a card informing me where to pick the letter from? I didn't receive one of those cards. I think they've lied! Can anyone help me out with this situation please?

Hello,

If this is what they say get yourself off to your local P.O and check it out, They'll have everything on record. Did you ask which correspondence address it may have been forwarded to?

When this information has been verified you may decide what to do.

On the other hand you could ask them to resend it to you again via other means (ie; courier). Did they cash your £10 cheque? or send it back with the lost package?

Hi,

I'll phone the post office collection service first and see if their have anything on record.

I did reply to First Direct regarding the address and I am waiting - expecting a reply later today. And no they've not cashed my £10 cheque, I don't think they'll cash it.

It's strange how I haven't received a card (goneaway) from the royail mail, usually they leave a card informing where to collect the parcel from! Hmmm

I do agree with what you say regarding the Royal Mail, There should have been a card left if the item was undeliverable, FD don't usually cash the cheque they just send it back stating that they offer this service free of charge. The other unusual thing is why would they send the package elsewhere?

Let us know what the outcome is....

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Finally, I got through to someone at First Direct. The parcel was sent via courier but because I wasn't at home, it was then forwarded to my old address! Thanks First Direct, for increasing my risk of fraud. Nontheless, I've got them to print off another batch and post them to my new address.... now waiting for the courier.... if it shows up

FD did this to me even though they had my new address they sent stuff to my old address, the courier left it with a neighbour who 'kindly' opened it, I didnt find out for 10 days so they had been looking through all my personal infromation at their leisure

GE MONEY- Settled 5/06/07

Capital One - Won 15/06/07

**Treat everyone as you would expect to be treated yourself**

• 5 months later...

I got so busy with graduation and my new job that I forgot about First Direct.

Got off the phone with First Direct just now and they will offer me 88 pounds. I'm just waiting for that offer in letter and once received I will reject it requesting the full amount!!!